Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
it surely is a rich man's game though.
Yup I guess it is. Just about every bike had a support vehicle. There was one guy however that did the trip a little differently.

The infamous Roundtheworld Doug rode his '28 Indian from his home in Huntsville Alabama to the start point in Newburg, NY. No support vehicle. He had problems along the way and did get lots of help. He made it to San Francisco a couple days ago. Now he is riding the '28 all the way back to Alabama by himself! Here is the ADV thread if you want to watch his trip home.
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=822028

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Latest post from RTWDoug says that he's packing it in and the Indian is looking for a ride back to Huntsville.

That sucks! But Doug, not many of us (any?) would have even attempted what you've accomplished on the Cannonball (and we won't even discuss your Round the World adventures).

See you @ Barber's Vintage Festival in a few weeks!

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
Hell if I had the money I'd ship my old girl over and ride it. Except I don't think she's old enough on second reading.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I watched the take off, very cool! I'm sure they've got a long ride ahead. That museum is amazing too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Doug rode the old Indian from the finish point in San Francisco back east to Las Vegas. He was seeing metal on the magnetic sump plug and decided to ship the bike back to Huntsville. He then found an old Kawasaki Cop bike on Vegas Craigs list and rode that back home.

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
Doug rode the old Indian from the finish point in San Francisco back east to Las Vegas. He was seeing metal on the magnetic sump plug and decided to ship the bike back to Huntsville. He then found an old Kawasaki Cop bike on Vegas Craigs list and rode that back home.
See, that's just awesome. I bet the used cop bike cost more than a plane ticket, but this dude wanted to ride home. My hat is off to Doug!

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if Doug takes the cop bike to the Barber swap meet to sell it. If he does I'll get a picture.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts