Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope.

One is very subtle, the other only slightly less. One is functional and cosmetic and the other is disfunctional and cosmetic.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Kickstand and matching Porsche...

BTW, Those are good looking pics, makes the yellow more appealing than other pics on here

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope and nope.

Thanks for the compliment on the pix, though.

My wife has a great eye for design and got me combining black with the machined/matte silver throughout the bike (this is actually another hint on one of the mods).

I loved the look of the fins with their silver edges then went from there to the pipes (see the silver tip), and the polished superbrace on the black fender. If I felt I needed to keep the black-next-to-silver thing going I'd probably powdercoat the hubs but leave the wheels silver. The 2/1 pipes are the biggest visual change, imo.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bought those yz pegs from outlawracing.com and pulled off the rears after buying a button head stainless bolt. A bit cleaner.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Where did you find the bolt to replace the rear pegs?
Our hometown hardware store, Breeds. Unlike home dumpot or lowes, they have every kind of nut and bolt you could possibly find.

I saw one of the vendors has a $60 replacement for the pegs. Ridiculous. My stainless bolts cost $1.63 each.

If you can't find one, let me know and i'll pick some up for you and send them to you...

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Man, I like the exhaust much. I've had to replace each side pegs and the Triumph version aint cheap. I need to get a set and have them on the bench.

When I pulled my passenger pegs, I planned on putting down sliders in place and on the shock. Too many things I haven't done yet...

Bike really looks great. Need to get a close look at our next bike night, or Jeff's next teardown. Whichever comes first. ;)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Too true. Why don't we just plan a ride some saturday or sunday morning? I'd like to hang along and learn from you guys a bit--also looking to head to the racing school in feb/mar, whenever it starts back up.

What sliders for the rear peg mounts are you talking about? I'd hate to bend up the can.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
some saturday or sunday morning?
We just had our bike night Monday and said we will try a breakfast run this month. Check in on the Austin RAT site ever now and again to see if a date is posted.

racing school in feb/mar, whenever it starts back up.
Are you talking about a track day, like Elite Rider or Ride Smart? I planned on doing at least three last year and didn't make a single day. I'm going to hit San Marcos early this year, Harris Hill sounds perfect for the Thruxton. Kinda like Cresson.

What sliders for the rear peg mounts are you talking about? I'd hate to bend up the can.
The part I just found on this site are frame sliders. I've just seen sliders for the shocks on other bikes, but figure they will fit up nicely. And I don't see why they won't fit where the rear pegs are removed.

I also saw sliders that fit over the cans, but I'm not sure they do much. My low side crushed my TOR, so the slider band wouldn't have helped at all.

Weather is looking great lately, we need to be riding.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts