Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know, someone much smarter than me came up with the idea of forward controls. They must be popular or in demand, judging from the number of bikes of all manner on which I see them installed.

However, I'd really rather have the mid-pegs. You know, like the motorcycles in the days of old.

I have a Sportster that came with forward controls and I changed it. Really like the mid controls much better.

So the question remains - is there a way to modify a 2005 Speedmaster to mount the foot pegs the old way, in the middle???

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
considering that you have not only the pegs, but the shifter/brakes to relocate; I hope you have a welder or a fat wallet. If you weld, it would be quite doable.

·
Registered
401 Posts
With regards to the money half of the equation suggested above, Raask makes a kit that brings the pegs back 4 inches, and up about an inch. The US importer (Omar's cafe racers or something like that) charges a pretty penny for the kit though.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I was looking for just the opposite.
I wanted forward pegs on my T100.
The dealer told me it was do-able but he quoted $2,000 PLUS to do it.
Instead I bought an America and I'm selling the T100.
I hope you have better luck than I did.

·
Banned
9,598 Posts
It's not only a considerable undertaking, but the speedmaster has forward pegs in the first place mainly because it has a low set. Mid pegs would have you sitting sorta like a jockey. I have switchblade pegs that have stirrups that come out to simulate floorboards. If i put them out and put my toes at the end of the stirrup it simulates where my feet would be on mid pegs, and it doesn't feel right with the low seat. Just my thoughts, you may like em...

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well yes, I'm quite handy in the fabrication department. I was hoping this would be easy...

My Sportster was easy. A lot of folks buy them with mid controls and then install the forward controls - so.... there are a lot of sets of mid-controls out there for almost nothing.

Was trying to stay away from having to fabricate all the parts for this Speedmaster. This isn't such a HUGE deal, but it would be nicer if I could find some sort of parts interchangeability so I wouldn't have to make all of the parts.

I suppose that floor boards are an option. Or, maybe the Kury large Dually ISO pegs with the stirrups. Still, would rather have mid controls. Really, it's just the bracket(s) to attach the pegs. I have pretty well figured out the relocation of the brake reservoir and have a nice shifter that'll work just fine - and the control rod is an easy change-out. Of course, the other part is that I don't want to "cut up" any of the OEM parts in case I'd ever want to put it back to the factory configuration.

Well, maybe if I got a seat that put me a bit farther forward? Certainly, that would help.

T

·
0 Posts
My new Speedmaster will have floorboards added if they ever come in from being back ordered. Hoping they have extend foot position options both forward and back. If you are creative and inventive, you might look at Kuryakin. They have an add on option for Honda Valkyrie's that allows for different control location. Chrome and pricey but attaches to frame and might be able to adapt.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.