Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can you get the top boxs resprayed and what about the hinges mine a really rusty and there are white paint marks on the black plastic and scratches on the left hand side any thoughts cheers :(

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Hi GBD,

Yes you can spray the top boxes.

I bought a second hand one from E-Bay and got it sprayed from dark gray to "fastest colour" silver. Just make sure you go to a reputable sprayer and that he does a tip top job :)

Mine cost £70 to spray.

As for the hinges, if you can't get a kit from Triumph, it's going to be a case of strip 'em and paint 'em.

Good luck and let us know how you get on :)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
kiwi tiger

thanks for your constructive help i only asked because its plastic and has some deep scratches on the side sorry for wasting your time it is my first bike i dont know much about motrobike's but i'm trying to learn a bit and just asking for help on this forum and wondering if any body else as resprayed there's they might be able to give tips on how to do it or where to send my top box lid or a good company that does good work i'll ask someone who seem's a bit more friendly o.k or if you think the question was dumb why answer it in the first place regards G.B.D

·
Registered
719 Posts
Remove the old hinges and source some new ones in stainless. Take the box to a pannel shop. There they will fill the scratches with a filler and spray them over. Refit the hinges and presto!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cheers guys

ill sort it out i have spoken to the garage where i bought the bike from and they told me where they go for any panel and paint work so ill take the bike there but ill wait till the snow thaws first had 5 to 6 inches today and expecting some tonight brrrr:cool:

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
GBD,

Just remembered, all the Triumph paint codes are available on-line:

Triumph Paint Codes

Standox make (or did make) all the paint for Triumph, and they are very helpful when you call them and ask for the different colours to make up yours.

Triumph only make touch up bottles so you will have to get the paint made up specially, as I did. In the end I got a local sprayer to do a colour match as it was going to be too much hassle to get Standox to do it - much cheaper :)

Nice bite back at Kiwi Tiger by the way. GiantBucherDog turns into a Rottweiler GGRRR :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts