Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you charge your battery through the 12 volt socket on a Tiger ??

I really hope so as I've already ran the wiring and hooked it up to the charger, and all seems well.

· Registered
1,043 Posts
I see your in Edinburgh, i got a plug from Lucas at Abbyhill, it is a ciggy plug with a red tip, red tip comes off and it now fits the Tigger socket so now have a charger that fits bike and car !! sorted !!

Clicky !! ok !! this ones got a black tip :razz:

KK :cool:

[ This message was edited by: KuzzinKenny on 2006-11-09 18:55 ]

· Registered
1,724 Posts
On 2006-11-09 18:47, KuzzinKenny wrote:
I see your in Edinburgh, i got a plug from Lucas at Abbyhill, it is a ciggy plug with a red tip, red tip comes off and it now fits the Tigger socket so now have a charger that fits bike and car !! sorted !!
Lucas electrics on a Tiger. Whatever next?

· Registered
321 Posts
Hi,

My local pound shop has them at £1.00 in the motoring section.

They are the black type with the red removable tip. They also have an integral on/off swich and a short length a cable and fuse.

The only down side is they stick out a bit.

OK for the static charger but not so good for say powering a GPS whilst you are travelling.

The best ones I found came from the caravan shop but were a pricey at £4.00.

Regards

Chris

· Registered
57 Posts
Many thanks for all the advice. I went to Lucas for £4, which is still considerably cheaper than the £16 for the Optimate Accessory. I owe you all beers to use up the money saved, given the geographic diversity, I suggest that we all have a virtual beer at 18:00GMT, cheers to the forum! :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.