Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought if I undo the welded screws all I would have to do is pull the baffle out and thats it but the baffle looks deeper than the usual ones I've seen.

Any thoughts on how to get it out or modify it.

thanks

·
Registered
192 Posts
Whew.... :knkknk: I thought this was gonna be one of those "I was doing jazzercise naked and fell on the bed post" or "I' don't know how that light bulb got up there...I must've accidentaly sat on it" threads.

Just kidding. My friend and I were looking at how to do that too. You work on it on your end and I'll try it on mine and we'll see which one works the best.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On 2007-02-20 03:01, smashtime wrote:
Whew.... :knkknk: I thought this was gonna be one of those "I was doing jazzercise naked and fell on the bed post" or "I' don't know how that light bulb got up there...I must've accidentaly sat on it" threads.

Just kidding. My friend and I were looking at how to do that too. You work on it on your end and I'll try it on mine and we'll see which one works the best.
I m trying to find a cutting disc for my Dremel that is small enough to cut all the way thru the weld without damaging the surroundings as well. The normal one tends to cut the sides of the recess the allen screw is sitting in. Or maybe a cobalt drill.

will try again tomorrow.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have searched around for info and have found that its a not as simple as other exhausts. Its not a matter of just undoing the allen screws and removing the baffle. The whole exhaust has to come off and taken apart. Then wrapped up again in the end with steel wool etc. Not sure if I wanna mess with indepth surgery. Dont have half the tools needed for the job.

Me friends Akrapovik....just undo the one bolt and out comes the baffle. Simple

·
Premium Member
7,368 Posts
I asked about this when I first bought my 07. There`s some really good threads on here about gutting standard exhausts, it`s very complicated, I`d give you some links but I`m pretty hammered at the moment, it`s all I can do to type legibly... sorry

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On 2007-02-26 06:07, welshrob wrote:
I asked about this when I first bought my 07. There`s some really good threads on here about gutting standard exhausts, it`s very complicated, I`d give you some links but I`m pretty hammered at the moment, it`s all I can do to type legibly... sorry
no problems .... I am going to leave it alone for the moment. Its a triumph Carbon fibre can so its better than the standard one for now. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts