Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the topic heading says- looking to see some pics of thruxton with 2-into-1 pipes from left side. I see all kinds of sexy pictures from right but absolutely none from left. Just trying to decide between TEC 2-2 or 2-1 exhaust system

·
Registered
425 Posts
is it that ugly from the left side using a 2-1 pipe that nobody has any pictures?
The Scrambler is naked of exhaust on the left side as well, that's why all the photos of Scramblers are on the right.

I don't understand why people remove a nice twin system from a Thruxton & fit a 2-1....

I'm looking at putting a 2-2 TEC on the Scrambler & would rather fit the 2-2 than the 2-1, but that's just me.

cheers Terry

·
Registered
425 Posts
is it that ugly from the left side using a 2-1 pipe that nobody has any pictures?
Here is a photo of the Scrambler from the left side, I know it's a Scram but the frame, forks etc are all the same.

Terry

·
Registered
933 Posts
D&D 2-1.

I think the wheels make up for the missing silencer.

Chris.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Here's the opposite...a BC 2:1 naked side:
Looking at that, the right side looks much better without the pipe than the left side. Some how the chain and heal guard fill up the space thats empty on the left.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I have to say I love my 2-1. The sound is not as twin like as having a pair but boy is the power up in the higher 5+ rev range. Makes it easy to keep up with other bikes on a fast run. The noise is much more sporty and only having one silencer allows you to see the other beautiful custom touches on the bike. In my case the wheels and chain/chain guard.

Chris.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Ebay mate in the states. Search under rear rack or luggage rack.Very Cheap and nicely made.

Chris.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts