Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 800XC

I have the fuel pump out to replace the sending unit and wonder if it's possible to service the fuel pump filter since I have the assembly already out?

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
2012 800XC

I have the fuel pump out to replace the sending unit and wonder if it's possible to service the fuel pump filter since I have the assembly already out?
They don't list the filter/strainer separately. It's inside the fuel pump assembly. But the filter is for sale on eBay. I would see how difficult it is to remove/reinstall it in the pump while you have it out.

·
Registered
182 Posts
They don't list the filter/strainer separately. It's inside the fuel pump assembly. But the filter is for sale on eBay. I would see how difficult it is to remove/reinstall it in the pump while you have it out.
There are 3rd party pumps available with removable filters to replace the triumph one. Way cheaper as well. Mine's nearly 9 years old and no issues.

Replacement pump:
https://www.highflowfuel.com/i-23899063-quantum-intank-efi-fuel-pump-for-triumph-tiger-800-2011-2019.html

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
There are 3rd party pumps available with removable filters to replace the triumph one. Way cheaper as well. Mine's nearly 9 years old and no issues.

Replacement pump:
https://www.highflowfuel.com/i-23899063-quantum-intank-efi-fuel-pump-for-triumph-tiger-800-2011-2019.html
Yes, this pump kit is cheaper than a triumph replacement pump. But the question was whether the filter can be serviced while the pump is removed to replace the sending unit.

If you can disassemble the OEM pump to get to the filter, there are replacement filters available for $15 on eBay. Cheaper still.

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
I mentioned the kit as the triumph pump/filter is not a serviceable item. Filter is permanently attached to pump. At least my 2011 is.
I guess that what I am questioning is how the filter is attached to the motor/pump itself. In order to remove/install the motor/pump, you have to remove it from the white plastic housing, correct?

Are you saying that when you remove the motor/pump from the housing that the filter is permanently attached to the motor/pump itself? If it is, how do the new filters in the kit attach to the new motor/pump?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts