Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well now!

After giving it much thought for quite a while now, and recently being inspired by Lake, Sofiaspin and DavidC, I took delivery today of a new addition to the stable!!

2005 Black/Silver Thrux in absolutely mint condition.....

I bought it over the phone from a main dealer without actually seeing it, which is something I've never done before and was slightly worrying to say the least!!
But after being reassured that it was in A1 condition, and being sent a multitude of photo's I asked to be taken, I bit the bullet and went for it!!
It was delivered this morning, and boy I wasn't disappointed!

With only 4500 miles on the clock, the bike is a true credit to its one previous owner. The list of added extras and after market parts is too long to mention (and I'm discovering more by the hour!) but it has....

Mototwin? exhaust (+ the OEM pair)
Avon Storm ST tyres. Rear 150/70 (on a Morad 4.25 rim) 110/80 front
LSL allsorts
Renthal Alu sprocket
Ikon dial-in Rear shocks
Key relocation kit
Coooolll mirrors

And most especially for Mike!!

There's a big lump of black plastic missing!!! (and No, I dont mean the seat!!)...........

Ventura has no airbox!!!

Im just back from a 100 mile shake-down run.
I LOVE IT!!!!
Handles like a dream, goes like Sh$t off a shovel, and looks and sounds ACE!!!
No aches and pains from the low-down riding position either!!

All in all I'm a very happy chappie and greatly looking forward to putting the new addition thro its paces in the days/weeks/months to come!!

V.

·
Registered
8,877 Posts
man she is pretty love it .look out world here he comes get the kids off the street lock up your women lol.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Looks the business.
Yeah I reckon those are Mototwin - probably the best silencers around. Sadly rocketed in price since Mototwin was taken over by the grasping Motoevolution.
Looks like a Dart screen too.
All those goodies add up to a good deal.
And carb -bet it sounds the dogs bollocks:D.
Enjoy!!

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
69 HP at the crank Vs 54 crank HP on the Scrambler DO make a 15 HP baseline difference to begin with!

Looks like a great bike, have fun with it...

·
Registered
210 Posts
Looks great Ventura!!!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Great bike there Ventura! I love those pipes! Knowing were you live you'd better keep a close eye on that before someone liberates it!:D
Best of luck & enjoy & welcome to the club!
Steve

·
Super Moderator
13,267 Posts
Ventura:

You need to pull the lights and sidestand off it, open up the pipes (or swap them) re-jet the carbs, install number plates, safety wire everything with oil or fuel behind it, and everything related to the brakes, then throw a sticky set of rubber on it and GO RACING!

AHRMA "Transatlantic Challenge" (formerly Thruxton Cup) is a great series, coast to coast.

...THEN, you will be one of the cool guys.

·
Vendor
2,431 Posts
That is one lovely Thrux, you must have a grin like a Cheshire cat. I give it a week until the potential mods start swirling around your head and then a further couple of weeks before you get stuck in. Enjoy.:D

·
Registered
8,877 Posts
That is one lovely Thrux, you must have a grin like a Cheshire cat. I give it a week until the potential mods start swirling around your head and then a further couple of weeks before you get stuck in. Enjoy.:D
Mike dont sell him a airbox ok . it wont be long he will have a 100 hp out of that bike.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cheers Guys!!

I certainly feel like a Cool-Guy when Im riding, and it certainly attracts a lot of attention thats for sure!!

Not had it a week yet and the shopping list seems never ending!
This on-line buying thing is just far too convenient!!
Done over 600 miles on it already too!!

I'm a happy chappie, and your right Pieman, the grin just wont go away!! :D
Long may it continue!!

Hey Mike.... which did you say were the best..... cams..... and BB kit...... and carbs.........................??!! :)

V.

·
Registered
8,877 Posts
tpusa 904 813 cams 39mm or 42 mm flat slides and you do need one of them pieman boxes

1 - 17 of 17 Posts