Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bike is brand new I've put 2k on her and i noticed I can hear the valves lightly ticking away. I think it is normal I'd just like to hear from others that it is.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! Now I can sleep...

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
I just got off my bike, without a helmet (less than 1 mile) and I could hear my valves, my exhaust system and the birds.

I can't hear the valves with my helmet (full coverage) on, but yes its normal. Just enjoy the bike.

·
Registered
716 Posts
chirping

Normally I wear a full face helmet and don't hear it but I wore a shorty helmet and couldn't believe the chirping sound...

·
Registered
353 Posts
2009 w/ 1200 miles. Valves = loud and clear. The loudest I ever heard was on my '96 Trident. It sounded like a bag of nickels tossed in the dryer.

·
Registered
246 Posts
My 08 America has made the same noise from the valve train with 5900 Miles than it did when it had 5 miles enjoy it and dont worry , just ride it like you stole it .

·
Premium Member
4,024 Posts
I figure the Triumph employees can't figure out what to do with extra parts, so they just throw everything in the crankcase for good measure. :D That and a bunch of old shillings....

·
Registered
385 Posts
Valves

The only time I cannot hear the valves clatter is when I turn off the engine. I am going to take it to the dealer tomorrow to see how come this happens.

·
Registered
259 Posts
My 07 Bonnie is my fifth Hinckley Triumph. And yup, they all have had the clicking valves. Love the sound. As somebody mentioned the early triples (my 96 Adventurer) sounded like a bag full of nickles rattling around inside the cases.

·
30,525 Posts
Can't really tell, what with the engine makin' all that racket! :D
That IS the valves and drive train. And everything else. :cool:

Yes I can hear mine too. I cannot tell when they need to be adjusted by listening to them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts