Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
There was a Speed Triple in '95 but not in blue. From the color of the fender, I'd say it was a Trophy. If the motor is any good, it could be a decent base for a street fighter project. Better would be a donor bike for a project.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Hi,

I'll have a stab too...... With the oil cooler, position of the rear brake, handlebars and position of footpegs - it appears to be a Trophy. The colour of the mudguard hints to it being manufactured before '95 - Caspian Blue was a colour offered on the '93 & '94 Trophys. However the 3-spoke wheels started with the '94 Trophy.

Hope this helps?
Geoff

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
Ooh! Ooh! My turn! :D

Sprints & Trophies both came in Nightshade in 1995, but if those high-rise bars are original they guarantee it's a Trophy.

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Registered
826 Posts
just to throw a spanner in the works, i dont believe the faired models had the hose cover on the engine
as seen between the alternator, and block

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
D750- That cover is there on Trophies, Sprints, & long-stroke Daytonas. Maybe it wasn't there on the pre-US import short strokes?

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Registered
422 Posts
Trophimus it is.

Check out the pics on this very forum from the factory, vintage 1995.

Zip

1 - 10 of 10 Posts