Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Street Twin
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Off a 2018 street twin. Bike was put in a crate for shipping. Found this at the bottom of the crate. Not sure wheat it is or where it goes. Please help.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Shoehorn?

• Haha
Reactions: LBV

·
Registered
738 Posts
Crampbuster? Search the internet and see if it's a match. If it's "all there" you'll find a loop underneath. If it's broken off due to shipping/crating, the plastic loop will be around the throttle.
Give us an idea of size or scale and a view of the other side and someone on here may be able to help you.
Good luck and let us know what you figure out!

·
Registered
2018 Bonneville T100
148 Posts
Looks like the protector on top of frame behind headstock. Stops tank hitting frame when removing/raising rear.

·
Registered
767 Posts
oooo thats handy to stop me banging my tank :D

·
Registered
Tiger 900 GT Pro
394 Posts
I suspect a bit of double sided tape would do. It doesn't do anything until the tank is removed and then it might take a bit of a bump. Perhaps when they crated your bike up they put a rope over the frame there and pulled the thing off the bike. Not all models had it on in the shop.

·
Registered
2018 Street Twin
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I suspect a bit of double sided tape would do. It doesn't do anything until the tank is removed and then it might take a bit of a bump. Perhaps when they crated your bike up they put a rope over the frame there and pulled the thing off the bike. Not all models had it on in the shop.
I think I’m going to save it and use it if I need to remove the tank.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts