Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to the UK mid September to visit my daughter for about 10 days or so, and would like to rent a bike and spend some time exploring. Thing is, she's in Bedford and the retal/hire outlets all seem to be in London. Not surprisingly, being unfamiliar with left side of the road riding, different signage, traffic rules, etc., I'm not keen on riding through a busy city first thing! Does anyone know of a place that hires bikes which might be a better bet than a London outlet? I've searched on the net without luck, but perhaps there are places that don't have web sites. Any suggestions are appreciated - either posted or PM'ed.

Bob

·
Registered
45 Posts
If you do not mind riding a H D many of their dealers hire bikes . All info on their web site dealers who do are marked with a little logo on their home page, RR :hammer: :hammer:

·
Registered
901 Posts
On 2006-08-03 11:47, Ronnierockster wrote:
If you do not mind riding a H D many of their dealers hire bikes . All info on their web site dealers who do are marked with a little logo on their home page, RR :hammer: :hammer:
There is just something WRONG about making a trip/pilgrimage to the UK... The ancestral home of REAL motorcycles, REAL ales and REAL pubs and have to ride a rental hardly dangerous motoslug!

That's like going to the Isle of Man the last week in May and not watching the races!!

I think I'd rather walk! :cool:

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On 2006-08-03 18:57, SCbonneville wrote:

There is just something WRONG about making a trip/pilgrimage to the UK... The ancestral home of REAL motorcycles, REAL ales and REAL pubs and have to ride a rental hardly dangerous motoslug!
Yes... that's how I feel. Haven't found any places to rent/hire a Bonnie, but did find an outlet in west London that has the W650. Might be fun to try that. Still, would rather find something away from the big city. Anyone in the UK familiar with Greenlight Motorcycle Rentals in Burton-on-Trent?

Bob

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
bobmig-

Did you post a request for info on the UK forum?

I needed pub advise a few months back, and got some great input!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.