Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the difference between the ABS version of the front brake rotor compared to a non-abs version. I have the original 2005 model and can get a great buy on some front wave rotors for an abs model. Will they fit or not? Are they a different size or do they just have a couple more holes to mount the abs ring onto the rotor?

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
An ABS rotor should fit a non ABS bike. You'll just have some empty holes. It would be prudent to ensure that you can return them if you run into a no-fit condition. One of the aftermarket companies printed their catalog with an incorrect diameter dimension and the rest have copied it. One of our members pointed out that error, but I can not remember who it was. The correct diameter is 255mm.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
.... One of our members pointed out that error, but I can not remember who it was. The correct diameter is 255mm.
I was the guy!! When I was changing my rear rotor I found out about the size error (printed in Triumph manual). That is why I want to be sure about the front before ordering. Thanks for the information OnD.

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
It looks like it depends on the VIN # for the 05's. Bike Bandit shows different part numbers for different VINS:

DISC ASSY,FR,320,ANODISED
ABS VERSION 246489 AND HIGHER
Part# 5568327-001

DISC ASSY, FRONT, 320, LH, CH
NON ABS VERSION - ALL VINS; ABS VERSION SERIAL NUMBER 246488AND BELOW 5568105-001

DISC ASSY, FRONT, 320, RH, CH
NON ABS VERSION - ALL VINS; ABS VERSION SERIAL NUMBER 246488AND BELOW 5568116-001

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
Cal, those fitments are if you want to do it correctly. I believe he does not care if he has the extra holes. Obviously dhawker is one of those heathens who is willing to swap parts around. ;)

The difference in them, other than the ring and annulus, would be the extra holes. I won't get into the carrier color differences. :rolleyes: The diameter, thickness, bolt pattern, and calipers are the same so the disc should fit.

dhawker, is this a special deal for one pair, or is it with someone that has more of them? I might be tempted.

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
Totally agree OnD. I was looking at the schematics after I posted and yes I believe you are correct that the only difference is the extra holes to mount the exciter ring for the abs. Everything else to do with the abs looks like it is just bolt on.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dhawker, is this a special deal for one pair, or is it with someone that has more of them? I might be tempted.
www.oncycles.com has ALTH brake rotors regular price $750-$800 a set on clearance for $252 a set!!! A $462.00 dollar savings. I ordered a set but am not sure how many they have. Apparently these are top notch rotors made it italy and available in the wave style or round. Here is the link to the wave style: (about half way down the page)

http://www.oncycles.com/browse.asp?page=3&brand=alth

The round ones are on page 4.

I don't really need them yet but couldn't resist the deal because I know I will need them sooner or later and they are too darn nice a deal to turn down.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts