Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Camera mounts?

4K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  redonblack 
#1 ·
#7 ·
My wife got the mount mentioned in the original post for my birthday. Should be delivered any day now. I like that the point of view is low and center. Allowing a good view of dash and road. More of a riders point of view.

I'm anxious to get it on and try it out.

#8 ·
Mine just arrived in the mail a couple hours ago. 5 minutes to install and went for a 20 minute ride thru the twisties near my place and I reckon the bracket is excellent. I would reccomend it to anyone. I don't feel the camera is in my way at all.:D

#9 ·
Did you get the same as mine?

Mine is rock solid as well. Now I just need a better camera. I have a Flip Video camera, and it's a little shakey and the wind noise is really bad, but the video is decent. It takes fairly good stills though. I'll have to post some video.

#11 ·
#19 ·
:D G'day redonblack, We've got the same RAM mounting system for our panasonic ( the new waterproof one), and to stop that small vibration we also experienced, just cut a disc of very thin ie 1-2mm thick neoprene or similar cut out the centre of it so that the camera screws down onto the centre and the camera is basically resting on the neoprene wherever it comes in contact and it seems to remove that hard contact between camera and the metal plate of the mount works well for us...... got some very nice footage last time we were down your way at the GP.... actually..... was that last footage of yours the "black spur" it just looked familiar. We got some awesome footage of the "Putty" and "the Spur" and also going over Mount Buffalo into Mt Beauty...... need to do it all over again real soon:p Cheers :) Look forward to seeing more of your vids, of fab roads down your way..... we're on the Gold Coast and only get down your way once a year, if we're lucky:cool:

#20 ·
The vid ws taken about 3 weeks ago on the Mount dandenong tourist rd, Mt Dandenong. It starts literally half a minute from my driveway and goes from Montrose to Kalorama (Google it). The Spur is about a half hour ride away.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.