Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! if you are a 1200xE/XC owner..
First of all let me congratulate you! love the bike. cant buy it arround here.

I will be very very grateful if you could just measure the full length of the front fork (axle center to fork cap top, extended suspension)

couldnt find this info anywhere on the internet. its for a custom project
Thanks!!
馃馃馃馃

Registered
Hi Lungo
On my XC, front wheel off the ground, it's 830mm , axle centre to top of the fork top nut flange (excl the hex which projects another 5mm above the flange. )
An XE fork will be a bit longer as the suspension travel is listed as 250mm, the XC is 200mm.
hope this helps

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Lungo
On my XC, front wheel off the ground, it's 830mm , axle centre to top of the fork top nut flange (excl the hex which projects another 5mm above the flange. )
An XE fork will be a bit longer as the suspension travel is listed as 250mm, the XC is 200mm.
hope this helps
Bob! thank you so much for your help.

do you know if the XC and XE has the same showa forks with JUST longer travel?
bc some data sheets i found on internet, says that the XC has 45mm forks and XE 47mm.
in that case.. dont know if the outer tubes are same lenght.
i thought both forks were the same. now im in doubt..
(so hard to find this information, even looking for showa catalogues or service manuals. cant find it anywhere) so thanks!

couple of questions:
(just to know if i get everything right, because i dont speak english that well)
  • you took the measure with the fork in the air , that should mean no sag practically fully extended right?
  • When you said to de top of the flange. 830mm Excludes the nut right? that would be 5mm more? 830whithout 835 to the top of the nut.
once again thanks for your time and help!
its really really usefull

Registered
HI Lungo

Sorry i don't know about fork stanchion diameters or whether the XC and XE both have Showa forks. I couldn't find anything online and there's nothing in the owners manual, which covers both XC and XE. It does mention the rake is slightly different, 25.8 degrees for the XC and 26.9 on the XE

The front wheel was off the ground when I measured the length, it's handy having a centre stand and a bash plate as it's easy to put a jack under it!
The 830mm was measured from the centre of the spindle to the top of the nut flange, virtually to the top face of the top yolk as you'll see in the pic. above that is the hex and above that, the damping adjuster.
20200406_135550 (1024x722).jpg

Premium Member
OK, just popped out to the garage and the forks on the XE are 47 (or 48) mm - didn't have my reading glasses on :) Fork length on the side stand (no easy way for me to lift it) was 835 mm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts