Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Gents,
Just completed posting the pics from my recent 7 day trip to California on Flickr. Rather than writing a huge report, I simply added a caption under each pic. I didn't get to ride it on my Sprint :(, since it was cheaper, and easier to rent a bike out there than to ship mine.
So I rode a BMW K1300GT. Great bike.
California is amazing - a bikers Mecca. If you ever get a chance to, go rent a bike while there and ride for a few days.

Enjoy.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/5691641379/in/set-72157626523987209

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
Nice! I love CA but never seem to get enough time to ride it all. You carved a big chunk out of the state. Kudos.

·
Premium Member
2018 Kawasaki H2 SX SE, '73 Yamaha RD350, '74 Kawasaki H1E 500
2,047 Posts
Steelrider,

I enjoyed the pics. I'm just starting to think about my annual trip over to California for the MotoGP at Laguna Seca. The past two years I covered over 5000 miles each trip riding over to CA to meet up with friends for a ride up the PCH to Monterey. Your photos have got me all fired up and ready to start planning some more great rides on the way.

Thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
4,034 Posts
Not that we don't have some good riding on the East Coast, but California is a whole other world!:D

·
Registered
151 Posts
Looks like an excellent trip.

I've had 3 trips to Death Valley & Yosemite (Jeep), and one from San Jose to Moro Bay, and I can never get tired of seeing those views. My traveling is usually in late November, early December so the road conditions are not very 2 wheel friendly.

Its only been 6 months since my last DV & Yosemite trip, but I'm itching for more.
thanks for sharing the photos.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
As I sit here at work, I long for a week like that!! I need to take a true "bike vacation"

·
Registered
317 Posts
Nice write up and glad you had a great time..... But next time don't tell everyone about our great way to see CA...:p

J/K

I don't live to far from where you rode and I get to do that pretty much every weekend... We are blessed with some great sneery....
Thanks for the pics too....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts