Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

Calgary riders: Which weekday evening do you want to ride?

• Monday

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tuesday

• Wednesday

• Thursday

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Friday

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Any evening is good for me.

Votes: 11 68.8%
41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Kobywan
no, I'll have my bike there, just heading out now for Calgary. Hopefully my internet will work to check the status out. I'll be up late so early won't work great for me but 11am or noonish, give or take works usually pretty good, but we'll have to see how the night progresses, free shots can sometime catch up with you and I'm not one for riding wrecked.

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
The Ride

Kobywan
no, I'll have my bike there, just heading out now for Calgary. Hopefully my internet will work to check the status out. I'll be up late so early won't work great for me but 11am or noonish, give or take works usually pretty good, but we'll have to see how the night progresses, free shots can sometime catch up with you and I'm not one for riding wrecked.

...Same here with regards to riding time. it works best to go around 2ish, as I'll try to get my Honey-Do Project started earlier in the AM.
if your hotel has Wi-Fi send me a private message on the RAT network and we'll talk...

where are driving from?

K

·
Registered
1 Posts
Would love an August 1st ride!

Anyone going on a tour August 1st in Calgary area. I'll be in town doing a gig and have all afternoon off. Don't want to sit in my hotel alone.

Dinkus
Avitar Crop.jpg

Het Dinkus,
I've got a lot of time on my hands lately and by bike has been serviced up to 100% + and I'm looking to get out for a bit of a run, both to test out my new stuff, and just for the ride of it!
What time of the day are you free/thinking about going for a rip?
I'm Available most of the time during the week and am allways up for a friendly ride! I'm riding a 2006 Txruxton with a few mods that are more equipment upgrades as opposed to performance, but she can haul, make no mistake!

My Profile is under Crazy Canuck. I'm a semi retired oilfield engineer that wants to make up for lost time for the years I've Flitted away chasing rigs around in persuit of the almighty dollar. Now I've got my perspective straightened out and it's all about family and enjoyment of life now.

Anyway if you are interested in having me tag along that would be cool. Contact me if you are interested,

[email protected]

Kent
Crazy Canuck

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Saturday Afternoon Ride, Aug. 1st

View attachment 16721

Het Dinkus,
I've got a lot of time on my hands lately and by bike has been serviced up to 100% + and I'm looking to get out for a bit of a run, both to test out my new stuff, and just for the ride of it!
I'm Available most of the time during the week and am allways up for a friendly ride! I'm riding a 2006 Txruxton with a few mods that are more equipment upgrades as opposed to performance, but she can haul, make no mistake!

My Profile is under Crazy Canuck. I'm a semi retired oilfield engineer that wants to make up for lost time for the years I've Flitted away chasing rigs around in persuit of the almighty dollar. Now I've got my perspective straightened out and it's all about family and enjoyment of life now.

Anyway if you are interested in having me tag along that would be cool. Contact me if you are interested,

[email protected]

Kent
Crazy Canuck
The more the merrier!!!

K

·
Registered
104 Posts
Wish I could get out with all of you today.
Where and when you going to meet ?
Post that so if I get out of "house arrest" or honey due day
which ever you prefer I'll try to make it.

Tomorrow I may be doing a sprint to canmore, will be going two up
( the misses) check out some folk fest and then back probably around noon to head out.

·
Registered
104 Posts
View attachment 16721

Het Dinkus,

[email protected]

Kent
Crazy Canuck
Kent, guess I missed you last night. I was at hockey.
If you want to borrow the socket for the front sprocket I will be around until 5ish, going to the Stamps game tonight.

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Today's Honey-Do Gig

Wish I could get out with all of you today.
Where and when you going to meet ?
Post that so if I get out of "house arrest" or honey due day
which ever you prefer I'll try to make it.

Tomorrow I may be doing a sprint to canmore, will be going two up
( the misses) check out some folk fest and then back probably around noon to head out.
Hey Canuck,

I look forward to an organized group ride soon.

...better start my work soon or I may miss the ride opportunity this afternoon...:pC

Check this forum later for updates on today's and weekend rides. I'll be available after 14:00 (2PM) today, give or take an hour. The Laptop is on so new messages will be replied to after I complete the first coat of paint in the dining room (1 of my projects this weekend).

Great weather for riding, Elbow Falls may be a great little trip out of town (Hwy 8 or 22X). Open to suggestions for other routes...

Take care

K

:CanadianFlag

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Saturday Afternoon Ride, Aug. 1st

Kobywan

Dinkus, Canuck, C Canuck;

I'll be ready to ride at 14:00 hrs (2 PM).
Please confirm that it'll work for you. We could make it a later ride too (27oC now 31oC mid afternoon). Would like to avoid the thunder and lightning storms forecasted to roll our way from the NW (early evening).

Koby

·
Registered
104 Posts
Gonna have to pass............to old and slow to get stuff done early.
Still going to try to get to Canmore tomorrow.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Not sure if you guys (Canuck, Kobywan99) had got my PM's, I only had the wife's phone to do the contacting, left computer at home. Sorry, I missed the chance to ride. I did head out at 2:30pm on Saturday for the Kananaskis country hiway 40. Great hot day for a ride. Got back to hotel about 30 mins before the storm. I'll try to give a bit more organized notice with contact #. Again sorry but was a great safe ride.

Dinkus

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
A missed Opportunity...

Not sure if you guys (Canuck, Kobywan99) had got my PM's, I only had the wife's phone to do the contacting, left computer at home. Sorry, I missed the chance to ride. I did head out at 2:30pm on Saturday for the Kananaskis country hiway 40. Great hot day for a ride. Got back to hotel about 30 mins before the storm. I'll try to give a bit more organized notice with contact #. Again sorry but was a great safe ride.

Dinkus
Hey Dinkus,

Glad you took some time out, It was a great day for riding (before the storm).
Tried to send you an e-mail via you web site but it came back as undeliverable/delayed... not sure why.

Check in the next time you role into town, and we'll try to take another run.

Cheers,

Koby

·
Registered
60 Posts
Weather permitting (for biking), I'll be gigging in Cochrane Aug 14th and 15th. I hope to have the bike out again. Maybe we can get a small group and head out on the 15th during the day. Anytime after 11:00am but not after 2:00pm leave time. I can get up earlier if needed for a ride but I like my sleep after a night of bashing. Wife might have her Busa there too. I prefer more riding than stopping, not much for hanging out at the local cool pub with bikes out front, (I do that for a living) Ok any takers with a road map and a meeting place?

Dinkus

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Weather permitting (for biking), I'll be gigging in Cochrane Aug 14th and 15th. I hope to have the bike out again. Maybe we can get a small group and head out on the 15th during the day. Anytime after 11:00am but not after 2:00pm leave time. I can get up earlier if needed for a ride but I like my sleep after a night of bashing. Wife might have her Busa there too. I prefer more riding than stopping, not much for hanging out at the local cool pub with bikes out front, (I do that for a living) Ok any takers with a road map and a meeting place?

Dinkus
Dinkus,

Friday after 2 pm works. I'm usually done by then. Saturday, late morning, works too. Let's see how the weather turns out next week.
The first half of this week has been crazy. 100Km/h plus wind, snow bullets, hail storms, tornado type cloud formations, and 48Hrs of continuous wet (west) coast rain...

Later

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm busy setting up on Friday, but I'm thinking (unless someone has a better idea) those interested could meet me at Starbucks in Cochrane @12:30pm on Saturday the 15th, gotta have a shot to wake me up. Leaving at 1:00pm for who knows where. Again weather permitting.

Dinkus

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Weekend Ride...

I'm busy setting up on Friday, but I'm thinking (unless someone has a better idea) those interested could meet me at Starbucks in Cochrane @12:30pm on Saturday the 15th, gotta have a shot to wake me up. Leaving at 1:00pm for who knows where. Again weather permitting.

Dinkus
I don't know yet. Most likely be heading down to Lethbridge on Saturday. Will update you if this schedule changes.

Koby

·
Registered
21 Posts
Rat Rat

I am new here got my r3 today trucking it to the garage on friday
my question what in heaven R>A>T> stand for

·
Registered
156 Posts
Ancient thread, but are these rides still going on? I try to get out riding as much as I can but often don't have many to go with. Would love to meet up with some other Triumph riders.

41 - 60 of 72 Posts