Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

Calgary riders: Which weekday evening do you want to ride?

• Monday

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tuesday

• Wednesday

• Thursday

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Friday

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Any evening is good for me.

Votes: 11 68.8%
21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Ride report from 5/31/09

All,

Day ride to drumhellar was great !
All roads going there were in great shape, just one big surprise at railway tracks on#56 north, if you go that way you may want to slow down to cross, Got a real good pucker factor when I hit those at 120ish Km......
Cruised around on the north and south dino trails, lots of bikes out
took the ferry.
Real great scenery.

Highway 9 back to Calgary, looks like they are trying to straighten this road out, no more 90 degree turns. construction was off when I went through but it looks like its going to busy this year with construction.

Cheers !!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I didn't think Hwy 9 could get much straighter.... just what we need as Alberta motorcyclists-more straight roads. After riding through South and central BC last weekend any ride around here is gonna put me to sleep.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Just dropping in to brush off the cobwebs on this thread.
I guess everyone but me has parked their bikes for summer.
As I have not seen any posts for riding, looks like a great weekend coming up, nudge nudge !

·
Registered
60 Posts
Was on Oregon coast to Vegas, just got back, lots of riding. Will be in Calgary during Stampede, have lots of time between gigs, may need a ride. Anything happening?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Sounds like a great trip.
Post some dates and times you are going out riding.
I'll see what my schedule is to meet up

·
Registered
60 Posts
Does anyone else have problems with this site locking up, it used to work great but now I can't even visit with out it sh#tting the bed in 10 secs, After updates and stuff to the comp, this site still does it. Got to be some scripting, It started around the time I started see this Honda time to ride advert. anyway

not sure of my schedule cause gigs come up left right and center at Stampede, So far my Friday is open but I haven't made a decision on where to go. I may head the long way home for a day and check out the Badlands. Anyone got any suggestion?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Great day for riding...............
Took the highway forty through K-country to longview then back up 22 to Calgary.
What a great trip, saw some wild life lots of bikes and great open road all the way.
recommend ya get this one while you can...........also try to do it on a weekday. Less traffic.

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Evening Rides

With a few days notice, I will welcome an evening ride with other Triumph riders.
As a Newbie to the Triumph Riding World, I welcome this opportunity and hope to glean important and valuable knowledge about my 2006 Sprint ST from seasoned riders. What a better way to share stories and ideas then henging around with bikes...

Cheers,

Koby
Calgary, AB

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Motorcycle Alarms for Triumph

Hi Everyone,

I would like to install an alarm system on my 2006 Sprint ST 1050, and would like learn from your experience in this subject.
As a D.I.Y, I started a web based search :eek: and have seen a wide range of options as well as prices. I am looking for:
Quick and simple integration with existing Triumph systems (no cut wires).
Long range communication between the system and its Remote Paging Unit (RPU) +/-2000'.
I prefer RPUs with visual display that provide visual and audible warnings for a variety of tempering attempts.
Built-In power back up, LED indicator light, Engine shut off/disabler, etc.

Please post what system you are using and, if you had an opportunity today, what would you Rather have.

Thanks!

K

·
Registered
103 Posts
Does anyone else have problems with this site locking up, it used to work great but now I can't even visit with out it sh#tting the bed in 10 secs, After updates and stuff to the comp, this site still does it. Got to be some scripting, It started around the time I started see this Honda time to ride advert. anyway

not sure of my schedule cause gigs come up left right and center at Stampede, So far my Friday is open but I haven't made a decision on where to go. I may head the long way home for a day and check out the Badlands. Anyone got any suggestion?
Yes I haven't been able to get on here for like three weeks or so, It had to be that fackin' Honda ad! Do you have a Mac as well by chance? F#*k this let's ride!

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
week day rides

Yes, there will also be a next one.
It was a good day lots of bikes out !!!!

So how does Wednesday night sound ?
It would break up the work week.

Does anyone think a road report in the Calgary section would be a good idea ?
We could all post the road conditions of where we have been riding,
favorite roads, best curves and such.
This would help out on finding trouble free riding areas, and more good day's.

So far we have gone south and west anyone have a suggestion for the next destination ?
Road reports and radar/laser traps sound great!

looking forward to participating in the next group ride.

K

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello fellow Calgarians,
I don't frequent this site often, but i'm looking for some guys to ride with. I'm sick of waiting for Blackfoot (Jeff.B) to get there RAT club sh*t together. Are you guys getting out for a ride once a week?
Hey Haggis! I haven't heard Boo from you on the other site lately. Everything alright? When are you and Tony going to meet up for a BIIRA ride? We should get out while the getting out is still good. Cool morning ride followed with beer and wings...Whatcha think?

·
Registered
104 Posts
How about a standing call for 10 am Sunday's at west hills Humpty for every Sunday from now on ?
We had a vote on which night to do a weekday ride how about a
standing Thursday night ride at 7pm same location ?

You say other site, there are other sites ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
How about a standing call for 10 am Sunday's at west hills Humpty for every Sunday from now on ?

Sunday is completely open for me. Does that work for you, Haggis? You go to morning service don't you?

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Local Rides

Hi Guys,

A weekly group ride with fallow Triumph riders is just what the doctor ordered.
Sunday works well for me, and Thursday is open too.
In fact, any weekday can work with enough notice. A couple of riding hours will clear the midsummer blues away...:rolleyes:

cheers,
:CanadianFlag
Koby
:motorbike2:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Anyone going on a tour August 1st in Calgary area. I'll be in town doing a gig and have all afternoon off. Don't want to sit in my hotel alone.

Dinkus

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Saturday Ride

Anyone going on a tour August 1st in Calgary area. I'll be in town doing a gig and have all afternoon off. Don't want to sit in my hotel alone.

Dinkus
Hey Dinkus,

Do you have your bike here, or you're going to rent one?

I'll be available for a group ride on Saturday afternoon. Don't have a specific route in mind, but there are a lot of routes out of town. Got a few small projects to complete earlier in the day, but can be ready to go in mid afternoon (weather permitting).

Cheers,

K

:CanadianFlag

21 - 40 of 72 Posts