Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
A Kawasaki that says Norton on the tank. That's pretty funny. Kind of like riding a bike that says Triumph on the tank that really isn't a Triumph. What a silly world.

Joe

·
Registered
293 Posts
I may put Triumph badges on my new Harley just to irk both sides :D

·
Premium Member
17,294 Posts
Put a Triumph badge on one side, and a Guzzi badge on the other.

New Harley? Congratulations! What does FXDB stand for, for those of us that haven't cracked the code?

Think of all the Shelby Cobra replicas out there. Are they fakes? Yes, absolutely. Are they desirable? Depends.
More desirable to me, because I won't feel bad thrashing it like a rented mule.

·
Premium Member
7,462 Posts
PS I've decided to take all the badges off my car, as I think a badgeless car is quite intiguing. I might even do the same thing to my Street, as that will really confuse everyone.
I did that to my Mk2 honda CRX, lots of people didn't know what the hell it was.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
it is what it is. And for what it is, it is not bad at all. And..... lest we forget the W65 was the only game in town until the newbonnies showed up. And kaw was building 650 twins back in the 60s. So let the Romanian have his fun cuz it looks like a fun bike.

·
Premium Member
13,150 Posts
Being as Romania was firmly behind the Iron Curtain for much of Norton's existence, & it's been dirt poor forever. I'd imagine that real Norton's would be quite rare there, & this is the probably the only way the poor guy was ever going to ride a bike with Norton written on the tank.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I am so upset, I wanted to do the same thing exactly except instead of Norton on the tank I would hve put Notone - only when you were close would you see the joke.

Back to the drawing board :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I really like the W650. It has gear driven cams. I also like what he did with the bike. However, the mistake he made was putting Norton as already stated. I would have put Kawasaki on the tank in the the Norton font.
I understand paying tribute to a maker and even a style and support that idea ( I love the Shelby Cobra Replicas).

21 - 29 of 29 Posts