Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the supermoto forum they have a riding game. It starts with a challenge of a pic of a bike with something specific in the picture. IE - a pic of your cafe with an old gas pump.

Then whoever wins the challenge gets to pick the next challenge. Is anyone interested in playing/riding?

Proposed rules:

Riding game.

Its simple really, someone posts a challenge, someone else completes it then posts a challenge of their own.

RULES
• Take a pic of your bike to satisfy the current specific challenge.
* If it says a pic in front of a sign with "No Motorized Vehicles" one that just says "No Vehicles" will NOT work.
* If it says a pic in a drive thru, a McDonald's will work as well as a bank because the poster didn't specify it.

• Post a SPECIFIC next challenge. Make it something accomplishable NOT something ridiculous. That will slow down the game for everyone. The idea is to ride, take a picture, post it and move on not stage a performance art piece or taunt your local police.

• Remember this is a worldwide game. Make your challenge something the majority of members, regardless of location, can accomplish so we get international participation as well. It's cool that a guy from Scotland can go get a challenge from a guy in Phoenix, AZ and we should promote that type of play.

• There will be disagreements about whether challenges have been met or were specific enough. The original poster has the first right to determine whether his/her challenge has been met. If we cannot come to a logical conclusion by that method the originator of the game (speedydave) is final referee. It's a dirty job but we have to have someone in this position or it will just be endless flaming arguments here. As the game evolves others could be referees.

• In the event a challenge has stalled the game, 36 hours will be the limit of it's duration. After that time limit the person who suggested it can either do it themselves or suggest a new next challenge. If they don't reply in 12 hours then the previous winner gets to pick the new next challenge.

• Archived photos CANNOT be used. After the challenge has been posted you have to go out and get a NEW photo to satisfy it.

It's pretty simple. Anyone participating in this thread automatically agrees to these rules and must abide by them regardless of their personal opinion. Anyone who cannot abide by them may feel free to withdraw from the game.

*Credit for the rules and concept goes to gots a sol on supermotojunkie.com

·
Registered
156 Posts
Don't want to spoil the fun, but i think you'l find this is allready happening in "The biker hang out" under the motorcycle picture game...

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
If anyone wants to try, for the first challenge, a pic of your cafe bike beside a car that is the same color.
I'm in, though it may take a few days to track the guy down: There's a very sharp vintage Javelin/AMX here in town painted the same Lucifer Orange as my bike. Sat next to him at a stoplight and we both stared and grinned at each others rides..... :cool:

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
One more thing I forgot, at SMJ we kept track of points in our signature line. Ie each challenge was worth one point. Challenge posters frequently posted bonus points for completing the challenge in a specific way.

As an example.

The current challenge is a pic of a car that is the same color as your bike, and now get 1 bonus point if it is older than your bike.

·
Registered
562 Posts
If anyone wants to try, for the first challenge, a pic of your cafe bike beside a car that is the same color.
Took a short zip up the canyon from Denver to Idledale and back to see if I could kick this off. I was almost home when I saw this in the parking lot at an auto parts store.

Does this work?

·
Registered
562 Posts
So if that works, lets make the next challenge cafe at the cafe. Take a picture of your bike outside a local cafe coffee shop. Cannot be a Starbucks. Bonus point if you can get the Barrista to post in front of your bike with your coffee.

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Outside my local Cafe Racer Espresso. I think that qualifies for bonus points with the double cafe racer, no?

Next challenge with a witty sign of some sort. The better the play on words the more props you get.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
562 Posts
Nice job, althought to get the bonus point you needed the barrista to pose with your bike. What is the next challenge?

·
Registered
959 Posts
Welp...this thread died pretty quick. I don't think there's a high enough volume of traffic in this forum of people who want to go out on rides for the sole purpose of taking random pics to meet a challenge on an internet forum.

It may be fun, but you need enough people who are into it to these threads work...just sayin'...

Been two weeks and no one has tried...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.