Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I am planning on putting together a cafe racers riders club website for the San Fernando Valley similar to Ton-Up Los Angeles.

Basically the main purpose would be to organize rides and events, but I would like to get an idea of how many people there are who ride cafe racers in the SFV and how many would actually be interested in the site.

Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I live in North Hollywood. My 09 Thrux and I would love an SFV site so we can get some riding done with some new folks. Keep me posted.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I definitely will. If your up for some riding this weekend and the weather permits, let me know. We can meet up for a ride and talk about the site and club. And get together any of your buddies that ride with you as well.

·
Registered
40 Posts
yo! i'm in!! I live in the Canoga Park area. I've got a friend or two that is always up for a ride. One guy is into classic bikes. Not necessarily cafe racers, but classic honda cb's among other things. I'd be up for a ride too, but not this weekend. Maybe next. Keep me posted so we can get a ride going.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I am planning on putting together a cafe racers riders club website for the San Fernando Valley similar to Ton-Up Los Angeles.

Basically the main purpose would be to organize rides and events, but I would like to get an idea of how many people there are who ride cafe racers in the SFV and how many would actually be interested in the site.

Thanks for the input!
Taking a pole sounds painful. I prefer to take polls.

;-)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yo! i'm in!! I live in the Canoga Park area. I've got a friend or two that is always up for a ride. One guy is into classic bikes. Not necessarily cafe racers, but classic honda cb's among other things. I'd be up for a ride too, but not this weekend. Maybe next. Keep me posted so we can get a ride going.
I'm in West Hills. So we should definitely schedule a ride. I don't really care about bike makes, so you should bring along your friends to.

The site is currently in the works. I will PM you guys once it is done.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok everyone the initial site is www.ton-upsfv.com. This is just the beginning stage. I am working on a lot of new features and sections for the site, but I just wanted to get a quick start for now. Join the site please and send your details. Thanks.

·
Registered
216 Posts
The Ton Up Los Angeles chapter no longer exists. However the San Diego chapter, the Northern California and another 10 chapters are alive and well. Before you bite off a club that already exists near the area you live maybe you should at least have the courtesy to hop on their forum and see what they think or chose another name to avoid confusion with a club that has been around quite a while.

Showing up at Mods vs Rockers 8 in san diego might be a good start
http://tonup-sd.com/

·
Banned
2,731 Posts
Funny, I don't recall you from the Ton Up Club forum?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Ton Up Los Angeles chapter no longer exists. However the San Diego chapter, the Northern California and another 10 chapters are alive and well. Before you bite off a club that already exists near the area you live maybe you should at least have the courtesy to hop on their forum and see what they think or chose another name to avoid confusion with a club that has been around quite a while.

SD is 3 hours away....

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Additionally, I do plan on showing up at Mods vs Rockers 8. There should not be any problems with a club in SFV. The population in the SFV is nearly 2 million, and I don't think that we all want to ride 3 hours for every meet in SD. Ton-Up SD shouldn't take this wrong way.

·
Banned
2,731 Posts
Additionally, I do plan on showing up at Mods vs Rockers 8. There should not be any problems with a club in SFV. The population in the SFV is nearly 2 million, and I don't think that we all want to ride 3 hours for every meet in SD. Ton-Up SD shouldn't take this wrong way.
Well I think they might considering YOU took it upon yourself and started up a non sanctioned "Ton Up Chapter".

Not showing a lot of class.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Do you also make it out there for every British Bike Night?
Yes. Every Brit Bike night that our chapter puts on in NorCal.

Look, the point is you need to go through the proper channels if you indeed want a Ton Up Club LA chapter. If not, then find a new name. Problem solved.

·
Registered
216 Posts
So you decide to start up a club using the name of an already establishes club and no offense should be taken. That is NOT how we start new chapters. Offense is taken. Why don't you just think up your OWN thing and save us all time

1 - 20 of 73 Posts