Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I'm actually getting somewhere! I decided to build a completely different tail section, I wanted the tubing to mirror the outside of the seat kind of like the old Champion flattrack frames so I got some 3/4" conduit and threw this one together this afternoon to see if I like it and I am pretty happy with it. It is still a mock-up, the finished one will be aircraft-grade tubing but now I have some dimensions to work with. I cut out some aluminium sheet for the underside and some styrofoam for the side panels and taped them on to help me see what it will look like when it is done. I modified a RC51 SP2 swingarm and put that on also, I think it looks pretty ***** trick so that is a keeper. I have a junk Garrett GT-17 turbo that I am going to use for mock up I might get started on that next. I will need to stretch the tank to fill the gap between it and the seat but I will probably do that when the weather gets warmer. I still have to find rearsets and the rear brake set up. I know this isn't a S3 but I think it fits this section of the forum, what do you guys think?

[ This message was edited by: meanchuck on 2007-04-25 01:27 ]

·
Registered
192 Posts
Chuck, I don't care what anyone has said about you before...

You built a F*CKIN' SICK ASS BIKE!!! :yayyy:

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
On 2007-02-23 16:52, mjoolnar wrote:
That is one BAD ASS Bike! Very nice job. What is the swing arm from? Looks like a Buell.
It's from a RC51 SP2, BTW this is what it looked like when I bought it four years ago.......

[ This message was edited by: meanchuck on 2007-02-23 16:58 ]

·
Registered
192 Posts
That is badass. You turned the McDonalds errand boy scooter into a kickass-smoke in your face streetfighter. I love it.
Chuck, will you be my dad?

·
Registered
106 Posts
meanest thing I have seen in a while! I love it. I am moving up to PA in August, maybe you can show me how to make my bike look as bad*ss as yours.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Dude, I just noticed something. In the first picture your "beware of the dog" sign is obscured just right so it looks like "Beware of the-" motorcycle. Cool....

·
Banned
5,284 Posts
very nice meanie, fits yer attitude and name perfect. :hammer: :-D Now, I'm sure once you git her done, she will be painted a nice purdy fast yeller color. :razz:

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's bad enough that it used to be yellow!! It will be the color of the tank, Azure Blue. I actually bought this bike because it was yellow, I wanted to repaint it and make one less yellow bike out there. It was for the good of all humanity, I should start an organization to repaint all yellow bikes, think of how great the world would be then!!! :hammer:

[ This message was edited by: meanchuck on 2007-02-23 22:33 ]

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Fantabulous.

I don't know why, but those T300 engines look great without the exhaust. I can't wait until you get the Turbo installed.

Here's a thought too- how about moving the Radiator to the under side of your rear bodywork (over the rear tire). Done properly that would really clean up the whole profile!

Yes, I have thoughts. Sometimes I share them. It's one reason I have no social life. :(

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have alot of ***** to put in that tail section already, mainly the battery, coolant reservoir and all the electronics. That rad is pretty big and since I will be fighting heat with the turbo I can't go any smaller. An intercooler maybe....... :idea:

[ This message was edited by: meanchuck on 2007-02-23 19:58 ]

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I wouldn't use the factory radiator in such an installation. Some sort of custom aluminum radiator would be better suited. Their heat dispersal rates are better too, so it can be smaller. Definitely consider an oil cooler as well. Whoops! Another idea escaped.

I'm not sure what you could do about the battery. Under the tank perhaps? It sounds like you are going to modify the tank anyway, so making a pocket for the battery could be done at that time.

Somewhere I have a picture of a custom aluminum coolant reservoir mounted right next to the alternator on an early speed triple. Looked pretty trick, and saves some space under the seat. Pity I can't find it.

Not that an intercooler isn't a fine idea! An integrated intercooler/plenum back there would simplify the turbo plumbing. And look cool. Bonus.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I told you before Cheap, you can't have my Speedy......
it's too good for color-challenged people like yourself :pkit:

1 - 20 of 78 Posts