Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fuel cafe had their first Cafe Bike night on siesta Dr. in Sarasota. Intended for vintage or retro bikes of any model or make but open to everyone. Great time with some cool bikes. Owner has a very cool ducati himeslf. If your in Florida or gonna be visiting in the near future come check it out. First Thursday of every month.:cool:
http://www.fuelsrq.com/joomla/

·
Registered
103 Posts
Sweetness!!

Hey do any of you guys know of anything in south Fl. Like the miami area? Love to do a meet

·
Registered
398 Posts
siesta key has the most beautiful sand in the world. it's sooo fine. when you reach down in the gulf and scoop some up it's like paste. i love that place. hopefully one of these days i'll be back down there with my thrux. does anybody know if they still have the offshore grand prix there??? i remember seeing a beautiful red offshore racer whizzz by at over 100mph out there back in 95, it was making a wonderful sound. when we caught back up with the race boats back at the quay it turns out that it was running 3 lamborghini v12s. you should have seen the intake/exhaust plumbing on that [email protected]#*er!!

anyway, sorry about this love-letter to sarasota but that was a great summer.

·
Registered
673 Posts
The offshore race is still there. I always take the whole week of the 4th off for the festivities. They have a fastly growing bike weekend in the spring now called thunder by the bay. There will probably be several thousand bikes there this year.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Sweetness!!

Hey do any of you guys know of anything in south Fl. Like the miami area? Love to do a meet
Hey Silent
I live near Stuart, FL which is about 100 miles N of downtown Miami - a bit far I guess! I have the same problem up here - not many Triumph riders around! I did contact one local guy who tells me there's another 4 or 5 in the area.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
next cafe night

Next cafe night is coming up on the first of the new year. Hope to see some of you guys there. We need some more trumpets. Should be a great time. John it was great meeting ya' at the last one hope to ride with you again soon. I'll shoot you a PM with my email.

P.S. Stay safe and watch out for snowbirds!:Driving:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cafe Night

Cafe Night is definitely on for Thurs. Jan 1st. Talked to Dex about it today.I was down there having a couple guiness w/ shots of expresso in em, damn good! Hope to you guys that aren't to far away can make it. Looks like it should be a good time. Cafetbird I'll try to get some pictures up, maybe after the event.

Cheers
:beerchug:

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'm in Riverview (Tampa) about 25 minutes from Sarasota. I'll have to make it out to Fuel soon with the Thrux. Thats cool. Be nice to meet other local riders.
Finally!!! A fellow rider in Tampa...I live in Valrico and ride all the time (lucky us, with the weather) but alone.

Let me know if you want to meet up and head on down to Fuel Cafe on New Years Day or just ride any day.

Peace...Carlos

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm game for a ride :D
Can't make it on the 1st though, I'll be out of town:mad:
As for Daytona, I'm going again this year. I was thinking of trying to catch the historic bike races at the track. I think it is on the first Monday of bike week...

·
Registered
135 Posts
So we have 3 events to look forward to

1-1-2009 Fuel Cafe in Sarasota "Cafe Bike Night"

Future Events

"A get together and meet ride" There are many good roads between Sarasota and Tampa and more inland. Do you have any favorite routes?

"Daytona Bike Week" Historic races, this sounds like a great idea.

·
Registered
161 Posts
The best ride I've done was in Nov....the Ride for Bella, through Pasco and Hernando county. It was awesome!! I've never been south though...looking forward to it.

I'm definately going to be there on Jan. 1st, in Sarasota.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts