Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
10,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bike season ended about six weeks ago for me. I had to ride my bike up from N.J. to Maine then return by car to N.J. Last week was my first week at my new job and it was exceptional. So I have been off my bike for awhile and I am already getting buggy. I figure on hitting the gym like a lot of people just to keep busy.

I had thought about a project bike but by the time I got back to Maine the one I was interested in was gone. So I guess I will have to dig in and wait for four more months before I can get on my bike. .:(

·
Registered
8,091 Posts
FWIW Lee, it is a bit hot and blowy here today and I can't be bothered going for a ride. Maybe later.

Sorry, I'll pass the salt for those wounds.... :)

·
29,948 Posts
You just need to get some indoorsy passtimes. Me - I bottled 10 gallons of beer yesterday, got some model engineering projects, plus rebuilding a small lathe going on - that plus performance projects on my bike. That lot and listen to some fine tunes, do a little experimental cooking, see if I can't get the hang of making bread - simple stuff like that - the time flies by.

It'll be spring afore ya know it!

And when you can't stand it any more, imbibe the beers you made! :D

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
Sounds like a very serious case of PMS........Parked Motorcycle Syndrome!!!

I'm dreaming of a brown Christmas...............and dry roads: Jim

·
Premium Member
14,085 Posts
It's been snowing here since I woke up this morning. :mad:

I think I see the problem !

.....stay in bed !:D

Just taken this photo a couple of minutes ago out of my study window ! Forecast said 'chance shower', windmill showing no wind, think I'll take the chance and have a ride ! . . . . . . . . :D

------------------
Ride on !

·
Banned
2,731 Posts
30 cm of snow since the weekend and we are sitting at about -15C right now.

I hate winter.

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
4" of the pearly powder since this morning. Plows out clearing the highways. 2 bikes under covers looking like moguls on a ski slope. 2 bikes in the shed, shivering. Cabin fever? [email protected] Straight!

·
Banned
10,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
49 degrees today the roads were wet and I would have taken the bike out , but I did not get home until 9pm. I had to attend a late meeting. Watch I will be home early tommorrow and it will be freaking cold.
:Angry::ThumbsDown::YellowAngry::SadSigh:

·
Banned
2,757 Posts
Don't feel bad Lee, (we) meaning us fellows in Central/NW NM are already under about 12 inches of snow today. I have an 11,000 ft mountain to my back yard by about 3 miles and I can't see it at all.

Cheers

Jeff:motorbike2:

·
Registered
284 Posts
25C here on sat, so I got up and went for a 500mile drive around the mountains. Up twisty mountain rouds, down twisty mountain roads, through beech forests (via more twisty roads), along side of twisty rivers into rainforest and back through more twisty mountain roads.

Its a hard life, but someones got to do it :)

·
Premium Member
14,085 Posts
25C here on sat, so I got up and went for a 500mile drive around the mountains. ..............:)

It's a hard life and not made any easier listening to all these Northern Hemisphere moans ! :D Anyone would think they've never had a winter before !

You NH guys just get used to it, it's our turn for the summer !

....think positively, you can have snow for Christmas day !....whilst we have to make do with sitting on the beach ! :p

---------------
Ride on ! :)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts