Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In looking to buy my GF a Caberg/Justissimo/Jarow flip up style helmet, I noted that the folks in the UK have a different model line than we in the states can purchase.

The Caberg Trip looks ineresting, but I can't find specifics on it... anyone in the UK seen teh Caberg Trip in person??

PS the USA importer of Caberg says there is a new modell line of helmets coming to the US, but they won;t get here until August at the earliest.... :(

·
Premium Member
9,797 Posts
I too would be interested in some info about these helmets.

How do the sizes run?
Do they fit an oval or round head better?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Funny you just started this new forum. I was just about to ask about the Caberg in the biker hang out forum.
Recently I attended the int'l bike show up in Cleveland , Ohio and saw a vendor with Cabergs there.
I'm a big fan of modular helmets. I've worn a HJC Symax for the last 5 years. Never had 1 complaint.
Anyway check out this site www.a-dsafety.com.
They are listing the Cabergs for 279-299. They are in the new products area.
Also does anybody here have a Caberg? Are they as good as I've heard?

Thanks,

Brian

·
Registered
844 Posts
I had one for a few days. I had tried one on last year at the bike show. Too short in the chin area. Otherwise a sweet helmet.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've had one for over two years now... the original "Mono-X2" that was a Jarow when I bought it, then they changed the name to Justissimo, for some reason... finally the US distributor was canned and a new one now has the line for the US.

I dislike the plastic latches systems on some helmets, however the MONO-X2 has all metal catches and a metal bar in the chin piece. I have been happy with mine, although I could stand for less noise, but I think that noise is an issue with all helemts, especially flip fronts.... I use ear plugs all the time anyway. I also sit upright into the windstream, which adds significant noise to any helmet.

I first saw a Caberg at a Triumph Rat Raid and had to look hard to find one. The model selling for the $300 range are the older style like the one I have. Apparently Caberg didn't get their stuff to the DOT in time to get the model line out for spring.

The Caberg do meet the EU standards, which are as good or better than the DOT standards.

[ This message was edited by: JasonS on 2007-03-06 09:26 ]

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Stay away from Fulmer flip up. My son gave me one as a birthday gift and after about 10 hours of riding when doing 50 mph or above there was a very loud whistle on the right side of the helmet. I thought it was just me, but my other son borrowed it to bring my third son's bike back to the house, a 35 mile trip on the interstate and it drove him nuts. Took it back and the dealer replaced it and said it a common fault with Fulmer. Plus it is much heaver than a solid face helmet. Looking into the light weight carbon fiber Icon.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I've been using a Caberg Trip for the last 12 months.
It was a very tight fit to start with, and I kept going back to my Roof Boxer, but once I'd got used to the Trip, it was the one I'd grab on the way out! The fit has loosened up now, or adjusted to my shaped head, and it's a comfortable fit, even with several hours wearing at a time.

Some people say they're noisy, but I haven't found it to be any noisier or quieter than most other helmets - besides ear plugs are always an option!
The flip down dark inner visor is so useful, and Caeberg have got a winner here with this, especially as it's been priced to stop the competeion making a dent in their sales.

Over here, Cabergs seem to be incredibly popular.
Not surprising really, with the Trip selling at £89.99!

The flip up section doesn't seem to flip up high enough for me, so if you're talking to someone with your helmet on, you find yourself tipping your head up so you can see them!!
Shame it isn't like my Roof Boxer which flips al the way over to the back.

You can tell it's a relatively cheaply made helmet, all the bits feel mass produced and flimsy, but after a year of use, nothing has broken on it.

Lastly, I've got it in matt black, and I reckon it's a cool looking helmet!
:) :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts