Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently aquired a 2005 Sprint RS, but there is no C spanner for chain adjustment in the toolkit.
Will a Daytona fit?
Are all Triumph single sided swing arms the same?

I also need a handbook if anyone has one spare.

I assume the recommended oil is 5w30 fully synth, as i have no handbook to consult!

Thanks in advance. . .

·
Premium Member
24,360 Posts
Yes to the Daytona 955 swing arm up to 04 inclusive is the 955 swingarm and cases and 05 & 06 Daytona 955 has the 1050 swing arm and cases.

But a C spanner from any of those model Daytona 955 mentioned should fit a 955 or 1050 Sprint, RS ST or GT.

No to the engine oil spec.

Firstly you can use either semi synthetic or full sytnthetic.

Quoted from my 2011 Sprint GT manual
"......emgines are designed to use either 10 W/40 or 15 W/50 semi or fully synthetic motorcycle engine oil that meets specification API SH (or Higher) and JASO MA."

cheers
Dave

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dave.
Sorry about "the oil" question. . .:D

Thanks for the info.
A friend has a Daytona C spanner i can buy, but just wanted to make sure it fitted first!

·
Registered
878 Posts
Yup, should work just fine.

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
You can download the owner's manual from Triumph directly:

http://www.triumph.co.uk/media/en-US/T695NA_OHB_US.pdf

Try searching eBay for "Triumph chain tool," you should be able to find them in aluminium and the vastly preferable stainless steel. Not only do all Triumph single-sided swingarms use the same spanner, but Ducati 1098s and others do as well.

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
Look at your headstock to find out what year your bike is; 2005s are 1050s. You can order one from Triumph or try eBay, but Triumph never posted a PDF for the 955s.

Edit: I just noticed you said "RS." That's going to be a 2004 model if it has a single-sided swingarm, despite the 2003 manufacture date on the sticker.

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Its an RS registered in June 2005 with a single sided swingarm.
Are you saying its a 2004 model, just registered in 2005?

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
Its an RS registered in June 2005 with a single sided swingarm.
Are you saying its a 2004 model, just registered in 2005?
Exactly. Registration dates are entirely unrelated to model year, and all RSs with the SSSA are 2004s. (Technically, they're 2003s remanufactured as 2004s, but that's a long story and may only be true of the blue and black ones; I'm not sure about the green ones, which were the very last batch made.) Have a look at your headstock. At least in the US, the SSSA RSs will have an '03 VIN stamped on the right side, and an '04 VIN on a sticker on the left side.

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
But no one answered what is the correct weight oil!?

If memory serves, you can go with 10/40 or 15/50. Or was that just my TT?:D

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
10W-40 or 15W-40 synthetic or semi-synthetic is the spec for the second generation 955.

Snoops, what does it say on your steering stem? What are the first 11 digits of your VIN, and are they the same on the VIN stamped into the right side of the steering head as they are on the sticker on the left?

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Premium Member
4,024 Posts
Ever get the feeling you're being ignored?

Sent from my iPhone;)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Snoops, what does it say on your steering stem? What are the first 11 digits of your VIN, and are they the same on the VIN stamped into the right side of the steering head as they are on the sticker on the left?

Cheers,
-Kit
SMTTF667XH4194452

Thats the number stamped on the headstock

1 - 20 of 35 Posts