Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all you sweet Twin talking guys and gals.

Well, time has come for the Speedmaster and I to depart...the love for the lady had ended and I started a sordid affair with a cheeky little Sprint ST....hey....she came onto me first...alright !!!

I wont even go into all the new positions the new girls getting me to try....ouch my back ;-}

Be safe....stay upright.

·
30,401 Posts
Is that an oil spot underneath it? :D

Well enjoy your new ride - you're still allowed to post here you know..............

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:)....her water broke when she came home.

Called the dealer, seems to be an overfill on the coolant and that was the dumping of the excess. Will pop back over to em in the morning to double check.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Just your new pride and joy marking her territory. Nothing to worry about. When I brought my ST1300 home it did the exact same thing. (Actually coolant tank overfilled by dealer.) Love the color, is that a 09 ?????

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
A bubble of air trapped in the radiator--very common when not filled properly.

Alert: Be sure to change the coolant and flush the system no later than 3000 miles or 6 months, whichever comes first. Triumph puts the crudiest stuff in for coolant I have ever seen. Once you drain the system, you will see why it needs to be done this soon. Don't forget to clean out the "overflow container".

The riding position should be MUCH easier on your back; however, at slower speeds, your forearms and shoulders will probably let you know after a long ride. :D

·
Registered
763 Posts
Yes! I'd love to have one of those ST's or a Tiger 1050 in addition to my Scrambler.

Very cool ST... Very cool...

·
Registered
82 Posts
I must confess that I am buying a sport bike today too. I couldn't bring myself to sell or trade bonnie though. Suppose I could have got something really nice if I did (like a Daytona) but I would rather garage her than pawn her off. So I will not be abandoning the ranks, even if I will be having an affair. Congrats on the Sprint ST, looks fun!

·
Registered
734 Posts
What, no hard shell cases ala BMW 1200RT, Kawasaki Concours 1400, or Yamaha FJR 1300? Gotta luv those bags....with a twist of key they come right off into motel, and viola a sportbike.:cool:

HA, I went the opposite way. You will enjoy the Sprint forum. Good group overthere.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts