Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
***** cage came out of no where and I grabbed too much front brake. The front tire slid and I slid down on my left side. Luckily I was only going about 5 mph in the alley on my way out. I scraped the left pannier pretty badly, a nice
little patch about 2 inches diameter on the fairing and a small little gouge on the tank. Left front signal lense broke off. A little scraping on the hand guard and end cap of the handle bar.

As far as me, just a couple of large strwberries on my back.
And a nasty whiplash. I was a little goofy for a few minutes,
from the whiplash I suspect. I don't remeber hitting my block
on the pavement, but there is a little spot on the back of the helmet where some of the paint is chipped.

I'm not going to replace anything, but I wonder how large of a container of touch up paint I can get! I wonder if there is a touch up for the scratch mark. I know it is a decal so I hope I don't have to try to replace the whole thing.

Block
:animad:

·
Registered
791 Posts
Hey Blockhead,
I'm glad you are with us to type your post. It happens to us all. I'm glad you are ok.
I had scraped my panniers often enough that I ended up spraying them with "truck bed coating." It comes in a spray can available everywhere including WalMart.
It is not the most attractive option; however, it is easy to touch up.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, actually the dude who was driving the cage stopped and even helped me pick up the bike. He was going too fast for coming around a corner in the alley, and he knew it.
He even complimented the way I fell. Strange.

Block

·
Registered
445 Posts
Nice compliment from the guy - on the way you fell.

What I really, really hate, is being waved at from the idiot that just almost killed me. It's like a mandatory thing - they almost wipe you clean off the planet, so what do they do? Wave and smile real big.

That's called 'confirmation', you know. Confirmation that they ARE an idiot.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Sorry to hear that, but at least you're ok. Hope the cager has insurance and they get you fixed up quickly and as painless as possible.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Glad to hear your ok !! you can allways repair the bike !! the first time you see your pride and joy lying on its side is horrible, been there twice :(

i`d give the gear shift another look, they bend very easy.

so another one joins the, It`s been down club !!

KK :cool:

·
Registered
844 Posts
Fell down myself a couple of weeks ago. Sure makes you realize there is a greater power in the Universe. I always wear leather riding pants. No muss, no fuss.

Watch the concussions though! And check the lining out on your helmet.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Its the one tiger club that you dont want to join. But now that you have, wear the scars with pride and just think yourself lucky it didnt cost a lot more. When mine went down on the left at low speed I landed face first and messed up a 2 week old crash helmet, and snapped off the gear lever, and that was it. On the whole Tigers boounce.
Glad you are now OK, but as Mojoinco said, check out that lid. :(

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Speaking on checking out my helmet, it looks ok on the inside
but there is a little chipping at the impact point. But none
of the "chips" have fallen off. How do I get my helmet checked professionally? If I go back to Cycle Gear where I bought it, I'm sure they'll say I need a new one whether I need it or not! Is there a machine that can check the integrity of the helmet?

By-the-way, thanks for all the kind words & advice! I am real
glad nothing on me got broken! :-D

·
Registered
194 Posts
On 2006-11-22 13:04, Blockhead wrote:
Speaking on checking out my helmet, it looks ok on the inside
but there is a little chipping at the impact point. But none
of the "chips" have fallen off. How do I get my helmet checked professionally?
Replace the helmet. Period. Do it now. It's career is over, it served it's function. Motorcycle helmets are one-hit devices.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry for your misfortune.
I'm glad you came out of it OK... that's what's most important.
It happens to the best of us.
I agree with jstark47 replace the helmet period!

Blake

1 - 12 of 12 Posts