Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there are a couple used but still relatively new condition tires for sale around my area but some have screws or nails in them. Would it be a bad idea to buy it and patch it up? Or is that too much of a risk considering that it's a sports bike tire?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I know that everyone is in some way impacted by this current financial fiasco, and everyone is looking for short cuts when it comes to money. I will be the first to save a dime if i could but not with tires. Look at it this way, your connection to the road is on two patches the size of the palm of your hand. That is it! No more. You could in a pinch, repair a tire to get you to a dealer to replace it but I would spend the money to get a good new tire that would be able to handle the speed and different forces that a bike puts on them. Sorry for being so long winded but to sum it up I would spend the extra to buy a new tire. Ride Safe!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have to agree with Hieliux. I'm a pretty big penny pincher myself but a tire I don't mess around with either. There is too much at stake when dealing with a tire. I wouldn't want to have to stress or worry about my tire while riding. That should be one thing I can trust and a patched up tire would not do much for my confidence let alone safety. Just my two pennies.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Just went through the same thing myself today. Picked up a chunk of metal in the rear tire sometime during my last little ride and found my tire flat. Under 500 miles on that tire and its a right off for me. As stated by the other members I firmly believe dont skimp on your tires or your helmet. And Im tighter than a Hawks a&& in a power dive. :D
Well only on some things! :p I still cant believe how thin and lite these new tires are now a days.

·
Premium Member
3,018 Posts
Check out MotoXOutlet.com, they've got dirt cheap new tires. I just ordered a Dunlop Qualifier for $134. Thats pretty cheap for a new tire, my local dealer wants about $200

·
Registered
57 Posts
Cheap tires and great service

I have gotten my 3 sets of tires through www.motosport.com Of all the places I have checked they offer the best bargain on tires. Plus the offer free shipping on orders over $100 which should be free shipping on almost any tire and they get to your house within a few days. They have always been prompt and the tires are excellent. Good luck

·
Premium Member
3,018 Posts
I have gotten my 3 sets of tires through www.motosport.com Of all the places I have checked they offer the best bargain on tires. Plus the offer free shipping on orders over $100 which should be free shipping on almost any tire and they get to your house within a few days. They have always been prompt and the tires are excellent. Good luck
They want $175 for the Dunlop Qualifier 190/50ZR17 I bought from MotoXOutlet for $135. Maybe the better deal depends on the tire?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts