Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would be considered a fair price for an 07? Have a deposit on a red one and it will be ready tomorrow.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing about the 07's. My deposit isn't down yet, but I'm getting close to just going for it.

I was kind of working under the assumption 2007's wouldn't go for less than than MSRP since they're barely here...

unfortunately my "free-bags-great-deal 2006 Triumph Sprint ST @ $10,000" turned kind of expensive when I added the math...

$9995 for a blue 2006

... oh wait, black w/ new brakes comes out in 07.
$10,900 for black 2007

... oh wait, only ABS models come out anytime soon
$11,700 for black 2007 ABS

... but you *need* the can for the triple!
$12,225 for black 2007 ABS w/ OR silencer

... don't forget freight & assembly!
$12,825 for black 2007 ABS w/ OR silencer

... tax & registration! (~10% is a good estimate)
$14,107 for black 2007 ABS w/ OR silencer

... and lastly, INSURANCE! of course, I only got the US version of my motorcycle endorsement 2 years ago (was licensed in Canada for 7 years) so I got owned on this one.
$15,807 final cost for the first year.

yikes. Sorry to whine out loud. Just tossing this all around in my head. :)

Sure can sympathize with "oldgoat57" in the tuneboy thread:

Motorcycle accessories prices are getting crazy. i sold my track bike and my R1 because of the high costs , tires, insurance, fee's for track days ,tires, did i mentions tires, also the accessories we all need. thinkin of the new sprint ST but, I'm not sure i want to get back into the costs of owning a motorcycle. Sorry for the ramble, thinking out loud.

·
Registered
21 Posts
$12,868 otd, I pick mine up on the, it is sitting at the shop now waiting for me, but I am stuck in the middle of the oil fields in Colorado!
AND IT IS FRIGGIN KILLING ME!!!!!

But when you get yours I would love to see some pics.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did it!! :cool: I bought a 07 Spint ST ABS. Rode it home today. It's a real bright red color, very close to Ducati red. My ride was about a 100 miles so am already well on my way to breaking it in. Weather was bad or would have rode more. It's a very comfortable motorcyle, even the stock seat was great. My other bike is a BMW RT1100RT so I'm a little spoiled when it comes to comfort. But the Sprint was great, I can see 700 mile days on it. :cool:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Congratulations! Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine. $14K out the door including touring gel seat, front fender extender, top box mount, axle cap, luggage inner liners. Probably paid too much, but...it's mine.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Heh Beagler, welcome!

I was admiring a BMW r1150LT last night with my wife thinking man that bike looks comfy. Then he started! Yikes. Sorry but they sound orrful. Don't think your gonna want to start the bimmer after your Sprint. (VTIC)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I paid about the same as chefjohn, 12,867 USD before dealer options. Am getting heated handgrips and a rack but they had to be ordered.

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
Well done Beagler and welcome to the company.

Any questions about 3 cylinders and this is the place to go. There's right ornery (well that aint the right word coz they're actually pretty friendly, maybe eccentric is better) folk here with lots of experience knowledge and opinions - that give great advice more often than not.

Enjoy the ride and keep the shiny side up.

Russ

1 - 9 of 9 Posts