Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am brand new at this. i am looking at a 2008 america with 300 miles for $6000. he paid $8400 last year. the new 2009's are about $9200. this will be my first bike and i really like it. is $6000 a fair price? any other thoughts or opinions on this model are greatly appreciated.

ray in omaha

·
30,533 Posts
The america is a great bike, and would make a good choice for a first bike in my opinion. I am not well up on used values at the moment, but when looking at it ask about any upgrades / modifications and accessories it might have, that all plays into it. Also, check over service history and wear and tear.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Kelley Blue Book says the 08 Speedmaster is worth $6995, it does not have info on the America but the bikes are almost idenical, I think the Speedmaster MSRP is 100 to $200 more than the America. With only 300 miles the bike is not even broke in, if it has no flaws and is still under warranty I would say its a great buy.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
It sure is a good price, granted nothing is wrong with it.
He sure didn't have a chance over the winter to ride it much.
He must need money or he lost interest?

·
30,533 Posts
Duh! I completely overlooked the fact that it only has 300 miles! :eek:

That's good - no wear and tear at all!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Buying a 2008 America - Need Advice

the bike is stock. it has been in a heated storage. with only 300 miles it still has about 15 months warranty on it. it really is no different than a demo/floor model from the dealer. weird that kbb and nada have no values for the 08 america? they have them for all the other models.

any other input from other america owners is appreciated. thanx again!

ray

·
30,533 Posts
Sounds like the guy is overextended and needs to get rid of the debt, something like that.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Buy it Ray! With what your saving over a new one you will have money for mod's! May be?

·
30,533 Posts
Yep, as long as the title is clean and what not, why pay depreciation on a brand new one? That one practically IS brand new!

·
Registered
373 Posts
A good buy, think of it as your economic stimulus package. The America is a great bike, 16,750 mi turned last night coming home from work. And no problems with anything on the bike, but a rear tire change is coming soon. Won a set of Metzlers courtesy of Cycle Gear on a charity ride, a good deal for the donation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I Bought The 08 America

well i did it. now the proud owner of a 08 america. its black. rode it around town today ( about 20 miles ). i know i'm gonna love this bike.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
well i did it. now the proud owner of a 08 america. its black. rode it around town today ( about 20 miles ). i know i'm gonna love this bike.
Now park it in your heated garage until next year and sell it to me for $4999! :D

Congrats on the bike! Now enjoy it and ride safe!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Good deal! It's a motorcycle you can have confidence in, and know that you've saved a bunch of money over what you would have paid for a leftover from the dealer's lot. Congratulations Ray!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Great buy on the 08 America

Congratulations Ray! You've just made yourself a GREAT purchase at an even GREATER price. For an 08 America with just 300 miles, as one post said, you can ride that in 1 day, you've got yourself a virtual NEW bike, and for 6 grand, that's a STEAL.

I'm a new 08 America owner and paid the 9 grand here in Canada and absolutely lovin the bike.

Enjoy your new ride!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts