Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,504 Posts
I'm a bit confused as far as your Daytona 955i app. The Daytona 955 came out in '97(T595) and went unchanged through '01. The 2nd gen was '02-'06. Are you sure your app is only for the 1gen 955? And, does it really fit those yrs?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm a bit confused as far as your Daytona 955i app. The Daytona 955 came out in '97(T595) and went unchanged through '01. The 2nd gen was '02-'06. Are you sure your app is only for the 1gen 955? And, does it really fit those yrs?
Thanks for checking! Model year designations sometimes vary between the US and Europe- I believe the 955 is one such case, sold as a 1996 model at introduction in certain countries while US dealers called it a 1997. Our adapter plate does indeed fit all first generation T595/955 Daytonas.

I just sent a note to BURSIG HQ in Germany inquiring about the second generation. It may be unlisted simply because they have not confirmed compatibility with the first-gen plate, or it could be that there was a change to the bike that would necessitate a different adapter plate. I'll let you know what they say!

Thanks again,

Jeff :cool:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sure, thanks as well.
No problem! Just heard back this morning. It's simply that they have not confirmed fitment with a second gen bike. If you've got a second gen and want a stand just PM me and we can likely help verify fitment for you. :cool:

Thanks again,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts