Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking for information on doing burnouts ( to warm tires and break in new tires) and I ran across this video, kinda funny!Page Title

·
Registered
219 Posts
This is why I got out of rental properties. :hammer:

I am glad to see that he's at least wearing a helmet.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
key is you'll need to hit it a bit hard to get the pilots to slip, after that, it's cake.
one note: don't let your revs too far down or your tire will catch traction and you'll do a flying wheelie where your bike jumps out and away from you.
but once you get it going it's like butter. you can shift up too.

also put your weight forward and stand up off the bike.

you must have a fat wallet. :-D

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hate to be the one totell ya, but doing a burnout does not break in a tire, it wears it out. It will flatten the center of the tire, and that will make the bike handle funny. The only racing that dos a burnout BEFORE the race is drag, and that is because they don't have the luxury of running warmup laps to warm the tires EVENLY. I only do burnouts to say farewell to an old tire, usally at the shop that is about to mount my new tire. Tire failure terrifies me.

·
Registered
213 Posts
What a JO...
As others have said here, burnouts imeadiately destroy tires and make them less safe.. Dynos aren't great either.. Whoever is telling you otherwise is.... well..... not someone who should be listened to... :-D

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've never understood why anyone on a motorcycle would want to even do a burnout. Like others have mentioned, it just ruins the tire. The only way to break in a tire, is to RIDE!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts