Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i guess he got tired of my s3 beating his buell all day long... :razz:

the ninja 10r is in its own class of course (superbikes) so i have no intention on trying to beat him. plus everyone has a full faired sportbike. i hate being a sheep in the flock. s3's rule. :-D

[ This message was edited by: tekmoe on 2006-11-14 21:04 ]

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Buells are TREMENDOUSLY interesting engineering exercises, and the company has done very well dressing up the sow's ear. But it will never be a silk purse.

As a Buell owner, you can spend hours standing around and talking about all the cool engineering tricks (I have noticed this is a popular pastime among Buell owners).

But at some point, you gotta ride the thing.

When all's said and done, it's heart-and-soul a Harley. They make great cruisers. You wanna take short hops from hangout to hangout and talk about bikes? Get a Harley.

You wanna really ride? Get something else.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
On 2006-11-14 19:49, R100Pilot wrote:
When all's said and done, it's heart-and-soul a Harley. They make great cruisers. You wanna take short hops from hangout to hangout and talk about bikes? Get a Harley.
It's much like the Sportser from back in the day. We used to call them "B to B" bikes. "Bar to Bar". That's all they were good for. The rear cylinder overheated if you tried to ride them any distance, the tank was good for about 70 miles, and the seat was good for about 10. Plus my 64 TT special ripped them performace wise at half the displacement. Priceless.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I'm not much of a Harley fan, but I have to admit to liking the new prototype XR1200. This bike tempts me (but only if it were orange and black).

·
Registered
936 Posts
Imagine a Buell with an RSV Mille lump in it, I'm sure someone would have contemplated or done it, Maybe another HiPo V2 engine. Be an engineering nightmare but what a machine :-D

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
From a Buell to a Zx10? hope he has his affairs in order. If he really wants to start upgrading he should try wanna then scooter thingies :-D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts