Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buell Blast This is what the Buell Blast should look like to begin with. I’ve never been a big fan of the Blast, maybe the styling just left me cold but the guys over at Crossroads Performance of Somerset, Wisconsin, who make a lot of aftermarket pieces for the Buell, put this cafe racer together called the Blastard and it looks really nice.

The bike is a 2000 Buell Blast with a long list of modified stock pieces plus custom bodywork, an extended swingarm, custom exhaust with Supertrapp muffler, just a very cool bike all around. It’s even been featured in Ironworks magazine.

Even better, the bike is for sale.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Looks clean. What is that saying about silk purses from ...... They may have done it.

C'mon sweat, I don't think I'd buy a hard tail either, but I like to look at the engineering and detail choices made on a quality build. Enjoy life's bounty!

BobW

·
Registered
711 Posts
English Spanner, sweat has a nice rigid frame project bike. I referred to it as "hard tail" design as compared to "soft tail", suspension, ala HD marketing descriptor. I wouldn't choose to have one, but enjoy the viewing of all.

Sorry for the cryptic reply.

Cheers!
BobW

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
bob, I'll give you that. It's about a useful as my hardtail, but a hardtail is cooler! (personal opinion of course, and a little biased), I just fail to see the point of building a custom bike around a Buell Blast. I think they make 30-40 hp?

That'd be like making a custom chopper out of a honda rebel 250cc...

·
Registered
519 Posts
I had the unfortunate opertunity to ride a stock Blast. It was like a XR100...

I sure hope they built about 3x the power in there.

·
Registered
711 Posts
sweatmachine, didn't someone give Paris Hilton one of those mini choppers? One of these would be right up her alley. They both appear interesting to look at for a moment, but have no actual value after a quick ride to check them out...... :eek:

·
Registered
589 Posts
Yeah the bike looks too long like it is.

The Blast is made for one thing, and it probably does that one thing well, why make something like this out of it?

Nathan

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
On 2006-12-11 18:43, sweatmachine wrote:
it's 1/2 a hardley abelson sportster motor
Hard core Harley folks claim that a sportster is 1/2 of a Harley. If this is 1/2 of a sportster, does it make it a quarter Harley??? I'm so confused. :???:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
An extended swing arm with very little rake? (25*) completely unfunctional.
One can only ask Why?
I you want an orange bike then buy a KTM. At least then you'll have something.
Very large maintenence bills :razz:

Except for the swing arm, I think it does look better that a stock blast.

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Buells are very good cornering bikes stcok, among the best out there. Buell design is being aped by alot of Japanese companies. The sort mid-silencer on Yamahas, Suzukis and Honda to name one example. This bike pictured is one mans fancy, god bless 'em. I think I'd take a Buell in the corners over a Bonnie, or Daytona for that matter.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.