Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dealer in Reno (Freedom Cycle) recommended Bub pipes for the best gain in power if I do the exhaust, air box elimination and Stage 1 cam, rejet and dyno. He said that those pipes would give me the best gain without being too obnoxious.

I've listened to the vid clip of the Bub's on this forum, but that doesn't really let me know what they sound like from the riders seat while on the road. My question to anyone who has the Bub's is are they an irritant when you're riding? I don't want to have to wear earplugs while riding, but would like to get the most performance gain while still being less than obvoxious.

·
Registered
316 Posts
You might want to try posting on the http://www.bonnevilleamerica.com/forums/ubbthreads.php A lot of fellows have the Bubs and like them. I haven't really heard anyone state that they didn't like the aftermarket pipes they purchased. I like my TORS, but I haven't heard the Bubs personally. After forking out several hundred dollars on pipes, you can't help but like what you purchased.

Look at the Exhaust Threads. Also note Chevy 605's posts. He will mod your stock America/Speedmaster pipes for $100. Great sounding and eveyone who has done this really likes them.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Get the Bubs, you will love them. My dad has them on his 08 America and they sound great, not overly obnoxious, but great tone.

·
Registered
104 Posts
My dad has bubs on his 04 Speedmaster. They are pretty loud. I debaffled my 09 SE and that was a significant improvement to my bike, but his drowns me out easily. It is a nice sound, however.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feedback

Thanks for the feedback guys. It sounds like the Bubs are the way I need to go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts