Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm wondering if I can change out the mufflers on my Bubs for something else. Anyone know if stock mufflers (or the slip ons that fit the OEM headers) fit onto the bub headers?

Been looking around for the info, I can't find any specs on the bubs what so ever. Any ideas where I can get the pipe diameters and other geeky details?

2006 T100. I've had her all of a week...and I'm already tinkering.

I finally got around to uploading a picture. Here she is. Also...I'm 99% sure these are Bub pipes. This is my first bike...ever....so be gentle.

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
those are bubs, but they probably won't fit any off-the-shelf pipes without some tinkering.

Bubs too loud for you? Check on ebay from time to time for stock headers, also here in the classifieds. They come up from time to time.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm wondering if they are too loud for where I live at the moment. (moving in the Fall most likely) Arlington, VA seems to have laws about every little thing including motorcycle noise. It probably won't be a problem...and all in all I really get a kick out of these pipes.

It's cold outside...lots of time to sit inside and poke around looking at all the options. It's just so odd that the sum of all human knowledge (the internet :) ) has so little info on these beasts.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
It's cold outside...lots of time to sit inside and poke around looking at all the options.

I'd say you need to bite the bullet and venture outside in the cold to the bike & measure up the header pipe diameter/distance from the end of the header pipe to where a strut would attach to the muffler from the rear mount. That'll tell you enough to make sense of the universal muffler offerings out there and eliminate the ones that clearly won't work.

Like navigating most uncharted waters, eliminating the bad options is the first step....a little luck when picking from the remaining options is also desirable! So good luck with your project...

Cheers,

--Rich

1 - 4 of 4 Posts