Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Bub Exhaust

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  S4PS 
#1 ·
So I just ordered a set of Bub 2-2 Exhaust for my 08 Bonnie Black and had a few questions about the jetting. Is anyone out there running Bub that can give me an overall starting point for Pilot/Main/shims? I know that each set up can be different but I just want an idea of what I should buy. I called Bub to see if they can give me the factory recommended set up but they told me to ask my dealer. I could have swore that D & D and other companies sent Jet kits with pipes/mufflers. Apparently Bub does not. The bike's stock BTW (performance wise anyway). I appreciate any help/advice that can be given...

#4 ·
I just installed a set too. I ended up getting a dynojet kit, using the supplied needles and the 114 jets, which are about 120 from what I understand. It still is a little rough at 2000rpm, so I'm gonna try messing with the needle height to see if that helps. This is the first time I've ever tried re-jetting so I'm no expert, but it's fun to mess around with.

Oh and I'm running a K&N filter with the airbox still in place.

The pipes sound amazing, I'm so happy with them.

#5 ·
Thanks

Thanks for your input guys. I ended up buying an airbox eliminator kit (along with a crap load of other parts from Bella Corse) to go along with the pipes. The jets should come included. If anything else, I'll dabble. I just couldn't find it in myself to only replace pipes and not the airbox...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.