Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Speedmaster
366 Posts
Quality improved in China on most products once the children in the factories were abused more effectively back in the’80’s. Nike‘s empire was built on child slave labor. But everyone is cool with that. 👍

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I used the contact form on Brixton's web site and asked whether the GK1200 would be available in the US. Here's Brixton's reply:

([email protected])To: you Details
Hello , ,

We are pleased to hear that you are interested in the Brixton cars.

Unfortunately, we don't have an importer in the US at the moment and therefore no dealers.

But we are planning to get it there soon - stay tuned.

Have a nice day.

Greetings Marion

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: <[email protected]>
Gesendet: Montag, 22. November 2021 16:44
An: [email protected]
Betreff: New message from website Brixton Motorcycles Website

Name:
E-mail:
Telephone:1
Hello! Just wondering if your new GK1200 will be offered in the United States. Email reply preferred. Thanks and best wishes,

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
First running/riding video I've seen. Really like the rider selectable instrument display. Bike appears to be about the size of a T120. How's your German?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Quality improved in China on most products once the children in the factories were abused more effectively back in the’80’s. Nike‘s empire was built on child slave labor. But everyone is cool with that.
Such a typical American I'll informed comment. Perhaps you should take a close look at your employment law and how little respect your government gives you. Vacation. Nope I'm American don't get any. Sick pay Nope I'm American don't get any. Minimum wage. Nope I'm American don't get any.

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,038 Posts
We'll get to the bottom of the quality question real fast if and when this bike is ever released to the motorcycle press. For now, I was able to find only a single video where the engine was even started. There was obviously considerable vibration, judging by the shaking of the license plate bracket.

Quality and refinement will have to rival Triumph's if this bike is to be a success. Tall order, indeed!
The price will also have something to do with it.

·
Premium Member
'08 Bonneville, '14 Thruxton, '17 Thruxton R, '12 Street Triple R, '99 R1100S, '65 Ducati 350
23,033 Posts
They'd have to pay me 10k and even then I'd have to think about it.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Such a typical American I'll informed comment. Perhaps you should take a close look at your employment law and how little respect your government gives you. Vacation. Nope I'm American don't get any. Sick pay Nope I'm American don't get any. Minimum wage. Nope I'm American don't get any.

What a idiotic comment.

·
Registered
2019 Speedmaster
366 Posts

Yes, your moral equivalency is... spot on, lol. A reasoned reply would be a complete waste of both our time, so I will save us both. Cheers.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Exactly, thats what i was saying. I mentioned guitars...well, i have several chinese guitars that are fantastic and cost next to nothing. But one is an acoustic and it IS a bit expensive but still only about 1/3 to 1/4 of the "quality" boutique brands it equals in tone. It's so good they caught on and all the naysayers are now buying them and no one ever mentions they are chinese anymore. As u said, china is capable of any level of quility, it just comes down to who they are building for and what they requested.

But heres the other thing....like with Thailand triumph would not likely contract a chinese co to build they, they will do what they did in thailand and build a triumph bought, built and directed factory there so the only difference in making them in china instead of england is the labor will be locals and thats where the costs come way down. But triumph would still be designing them and dictating the quality levels of materials and construction. Looking at the prices of triumphs since before they moved a lot of production out of the UK, they are way up. To me it seems rather than passing on any of the savings to the customers they used the reduced costs of thailand to generate higher profits., Thats why i say if they have competition they aren't going to be able to cut quality and still survive because their prices are at a level now that they will fall flat on their face if they cut quality. The only way to compete will be drop prices and keep the current quality level because thats why people buy triumphs over plastic [email protected]
But china is our enemy. They are pushing for war. Regardless of how much you love their products, its better to boycott.

·
Premium Member
2,947 Posts
Did that say 10,000 Euro? Is 2800 discount enough to pull buyers away from the T120?
It's a bit more if you want colour on the Triumph and it does come with cruise control (is that a thing on the T120? Not sure). Power wise, it's a wee bit up on the T120 at the same places - 82PS @ 6500 (T120 = 80 @ 6550) and 108 Nm @ 3500 (vs 105 Nm @ 3500).

Whether someone with 10k to spaff on a bike would buy one, I'm not so sure. I think you'd need to really want a T120, not be happy with a T100 but really be unable to scrape together the other 3 grand. And even then, just get a used T120 :D
Be nice to keep the chat on the bike and avoid spiralling into the same old worn-out arguments :)

·
Premium Member
2,038 Posts
It's a bit more if you want colour on the Triumph and it does come with cruise control (is that a thing on the T120? Not sure). Power wise, it's a wee bit up on the T120 at the same places - 82PS @ 6500 (T120 = 80 @ 6550) and 108 Nm @ 3500 (vs 105 Nm @ 3500).

Whether someone with 10k to spaff on a bike would buy one, I'm not so sure. I think you'd need to really want a T120, not be happy with a T100 but really be unable to scrape together the other 3 grand. And even then, just get a used T120 :D
Be nice to keep the chat on the bike and avoid spiralling into the same old worn-out arguments :)
It took me 51 years to buy a non-Triumph (with one HD thrown) motorcycle and it is a BMW. If you’re going to have a low spec T120, it may as well be a real Bonnie.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I agree with the sentiment that you may as well by a used T 120 but for some people only new will do. I feel the same about the Enfield when I see hardly used street twins for the same money as a new Enfield, however it's fair to say the RE is not a bad.bike just more akin to a 790 Bonneville of 20 years ago than a new triumph. Personally I don't like the style of the Brixton it just looks odd to me and I will let others be the brands test pilots

21 - 40 of 41 Posts