Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys , it's supposed to be a good one . lots of bikes , flea market . people from the boards .

http://britishmotorcyclemeet.com/

i'm going to plan on going so if anyone here can make it or is already planning on going maybe we could meet up . would be nice to meet some of you guys .

Cheers , Woody

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
I'll be there, the Good Lord Willing; I haven't missed it in something like 28 years. I'll probably ride my Emerald Green '02 Trophy, but if I fix my oil leak, I'll ride the '70 Tiger. Also, my buddy and I have taken a flea market space....mainly to sit, and not much to sell.

Hope to see you there: Jim

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool jim , i'll be the guy riding the blue chevy silverado . can't carry swap meet purchases home on my bike :)

i'll be on the lookout for 2 guys sitting at an empty table ;)

Cheers , Woody

·
Registered
165 Posts
Me and a buddy come down every year from portland.
I would enjoy making your acqaintance(s).
how will you be recognized?
will yo be wearing a .45 1911A1?

if so perhaps I should sport my P38?

·
Registered
6,533 Posts
I'm going too, Woody. Going with a friend and hope to get there when the gates open. Never been before not having owned Brit bikes before. Bringing a truck... wishful thinking.

We could all plan to meet at some given time, like noon at some common place. Since I've never gone before I cannot pick a place. Is there a main info table, food court, front gate or similar that would be easy for all to find? We could all make a nametag out of masking tape that said RAT in big letters and stick it on our shirts. We could even write it on our foreheads with magic markers, but some might frown on that idea.

Suggest a 15 to 30 minute window to meet up at one place so people are not standing around all day waiting for others to show.

We have a little more than a week to figure out how to meet in one place at the same time. Let's see if this is going to be herding cats.
regards,
Rob

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
excellent NHOJ and Snakeoil . yea snake was thinking of wearing a name tag even though i think they're dorky . we don't get many chances to meet each other and it sounds like a good turnout of folks from here and the other place ;)

maybe if jimballard would put a sign on his table so we could find him ? that'd be a good start.

never having been , i've no idea how big this event is or how many people will be there . might just be a matter of yelling "hey you Rat and BritBikers show your hands " .

Cheers , Woody

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
OK all,

I'll try to remember to have a sign out, but my buddy will have his black Honda Element there and he's a heavy set guy with a grey beard named Fred. I'll be wearing a broad brimmed hat and if you ask around for me, or the fellow from the Motorcyclist's Post (me), someone should be able to point me out. As I said before, I plan to be there unless some catastrophe strikes. Noontime at the Element, OK?

See you there: Jim

·
Registered
6,533 Posts
Okay, let's see if I got this straight. Big guy with Honda Element (aka Hummer Lite) somewhere near Jim Ballard's table and Jim will be wearing a big hat like Lucas McCoy around noon?

I think I can do this.

I'll still try to remember to put a piece of tape on my shirt with RAT on it. Who knows, I might get lucky.

Jim, if you put a platter of burgers and cooler of cold beer on your table there's probably a better chance of everyone finding their way there thru the crowd.

Does anyone make a Rat Beer?

See you all next Sunday.

regards,
Rob

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey guys , still going but i'm an early morning person . probably be there at 10:00 opening . depending on what's there , i might be gone by noon . maybe an earlier meet up like 11:00 ?

hey i've never been to one of these thing let alone this one so who knows . hoping to still meet up with as many of you guys as possible .

cheers , Woody

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
Heck, whatever time's o.k. with me. I plan on being there by 10ish. Remember, I'm with the guy with the Element, I'll be on my Emerald Green (the fastest color) '02 Trophy, and if all else fails....have them page me on the p.a. system. As I write for the Motorcyclist's Post paper, they know me all too well. Bill Litant will probably be doing the m.c. duties and he knows me, though he may not want to admit it.

Plan to see you all there: Jim

·
Registered
6,533 Posts
I am embarrassed to admit that when I got to the meet, I completely forgot that we were all going to meet at noon at Jim Ballard's table. Did you guys follow thru, or were you all as brain dead as I was once you got there.

In my defense, when we got there, around 9:30, there were just a few bikes so I wandered over to the folks selling parts. As time passed more and more bikes showed up and I was beside myself with all the eye-candy I had to contend with. What little RAM I have left was kept very busy snapping pics, talking to owners about their bikes, keeping the drool off my chin (and the bikes) and trying hard to walk correctly with a significant bulge in my nether regions.

Sorry I missed you guys if you did actually all show up at noon.Would have enjoyed meeting you and putting faces to the names.

Did anyone notice that '75 Norton (sorry, off topic) with the blue stripe tank that was for sale in the parking lot next to the Norton Club tent? If you did and are knowledgeable about Nortons, what did you think of that bike and the asking price? PM me, please. Thanks.

Anyone going to Rhinebeck? We can try to do this all over again. Anyone going to have a table where we can all promise to meet and then not show up?
regards,
Rob

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yup , the other three of of showed up ;) lol

got there just after opening . 'twas great just arriving . hoards of old brits thundering in from all directions .

pissed i didn't bring my digi slr . instead i brought my wifes lil camera and couldn't see **** in the bright sun on the lcd display . i'll upload a few of the pics i did get later tonite .

wow what a great turn out ! by noon i was lugging around a milk crate i'd bought :) actually the milk crate was free when i bought a sweet complete head /rockers/ manifold and a ton of other 500 stuff for $150 . the head was just rebuilt with new guides and better than the other 3 i've gotten off ebay . throw in a new headlite a few t-shirts and by noon in that heat i was fully cooked . BUT i did manage to hang out w/ Jim and his friend , then NHOJ showed up w/ his buddy . seems there was only one person missing pfffft ;)

sorry but my bike budget's broke or i'd definately plan on not meeting up with you again :)

cheers , Woody

1 - 12 of 12 Posts