Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it finally came and I opened the box with much anticipation. The pipes are great looking and the airbox and new gear is there and a lot of screws but no instructions or a parts list:mad:. Called BC this morning and told them I would like some instructions. He emailed me a link to Brit-Iron to watch a video on the removal of the air box. I have watched the videos and I think I may be more confused than ever:confused:. The video quaility is very poor and you really could not make out a lot of what he was doing. Being this is my first attempt at turning a wrench on a bike I am very leery to proceed with the nominal amount of instruction. The part I was nervous about was the rejeting but after reading many posts here about it and watching a very good video and web site I feel like I could do that very easy:D. Anyone know of a better site or have actual instructions for the airbox removal? Thanks...

·
Registered
3,934 Posts

·
30,527 Posts
He's on totally the right forum, this being for Bonnevilles. :confused: Dunno where you came up with that comment.

Tesla, it's not too difficult a job. If you've looked at the rejetting threads and feel you can handle that, you'll be fine.

There are a couple of ways to get the airbox out. I did it by removing the rear wheel and rear fender, and then removing one side of the airbox - there are a million screws (well 10 or so). Then the rest of the airbox slides easily out of the back.

Once you have done this, put your pod filters on the carbs, and after that if you offer the new metal battery box up to the place where the airbox was, you will see how it bolts in place with 4 bolts at the top. There are various brackets to which the brake fluid reservoir, fusebox and relays attach.

I know this is glossing over it, but once you pull the airbox out, it will become very obvious where everything goes.

If you can wait, I'll probably be writing a thread about it, with pictures, on sunday.

There are a number of threads here, some of which may be of assistance:

http://www.triumphrat.net/twins-tec...ning-modifications-and-so-on.html#post1132928

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
He's on totally the right forum, this being for Bonnevilles. :confused: Dunno where you came up with that comment.

Tesla, it's not too difficult a job. If you've looked at the rejetting threads and feel you can handle that, you'll be fine.

There are a couple of ways to get the airbox out. I did it by removing the rear wheel and rear fender, and then removing one side of the airbox - there are a million screws (well 10 or so). Then the rest of the airbox slides easily out of the back.

Once you have done this, put your pod filters on the carbs, and after that if you offer the new metal battery box up to the place where the airbox was, you will see how it bolts in place with 4 bolts at the top. There are various brackets to which the brake fluid reservoir, fusebox and relays attach.

I know this is glossing over it, but once you pull the airbox out, it will become very obvious where everything goes.

If you can wait, I'll probably be writing a thread about it, with pictures, on sunday.

There are a number of threads here, some of which may be of assistance:

http://www.triumphrat.net/twins-tec...ning-modifications-and-so-on.html#post1132928
This thread was originally posted in the Hinckley Classic Triple Forum. I'm not crazy!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks For the info Prop

Prop

Your pics and detailed instructions are a great help and i look forward to being able to get to work on this. Sorry for posting in the wrong place to begin with. I think I had been into several threads and forgot where I was :rolleyes:. I love the help you can get out of these pages and everyones willingness to share knowledge. It is a big help to learn from the mistakes and victories of others when doing things like this.

·
30,527 Posts
Prop

Sorry for posting in the wrong place to begin with.
Don't even worry about it! We keep an eye out and make sure things end up in the right place so that people get the assistance they need! I hope the thread helps you out, if you have any questions don't be afraid to ask, either in the forum or via PM. I'm glad you are giving this a go!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts