Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may have been asked before and I apologize if it has. How much of a difference will the 3 degree of advance after 2500 RPM make in performance and the actual perceived ride with the installation of this black box?
The Mfg specifies also a 1000 RPM rev limiter increase which would up-the rpm limit to 8400 RPM as opposed to the 8200 RPM of the Procom units.
Any feedback would be appreciated.

Shorty

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I just put the Procom unit on my bike. It feels a little livelier...haven't really done the full shakeout yet. One diff is it seems to change the exhaust note..less rasp, more thump. Nice.

Not sure what diffs really are between Procom and B-C box. They kinda look like the same thing...does anyone know if B-C is private-labeling the Procom, or are they delivering their own unique item? I know the description is slightly different. Wonder if that's real, or just adspeak?

·
Registered
505 Posts
When I put the Procom unit on, the idle speed went up a bit, and the extra RPM is useful since the NARK. BUT I have been having trouble hot starting since putting it in. I plan to put the OEM back to see if thats the problem. Why not ask BC if its the Procom unit?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
stu...I e-mailed them. Let's see if I get an answer. They claim that it is a "British Customs exclusive only available through them or their dealers", and that it "is not a stock ignition box or rev-limiter".

Shorty

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just got the e-mail from B-C to my question concerning how their model is different than the procom unit. Their answer,"Ours has a higher rev line and 3 degrees advance after 2500 RPM", nothing different to what their advertisement says.

Shorty

·
Registered
505 Posts
See my post about Procom. Don't buy until they tell you if its a Procom unit

·
Registered
679 Posts
Why won't they tell you what they are? I'll tell you.. Because they are the same ones that you can get for less than 60 bucks on ebay.

darcy

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
I seriously doubt one differs from the other..... be it ebay, ProCom, or British Customs. But one thing is for sure, it will NOT magically transform your Bonnie into a rip snorting, high rev'ing, horsepower enhanced café racer. The Bonnie is already producing pretty much it's max' horsepower/torque at about the point that the factory rev limiter kicks in.
- however -
You can't convince my butt of that!

I have an ebay purchased ProCom (under $90.00), and am MOST grateful for adding it to my bike. Before installing it, I was constantly bumping into the rev limiter..... no longer.

I wouldn't go without mine for the week it would take to order another one claiming to be better. I frankly don't think my butt could tell ANY difference between one or the other; nor would I consider parting with it for the amount of money British Customs wants for their's....

[ This message was edited by: FattRat on 2006-11-21 19:46 ]

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Brent at Newbonneville.com sells the Procom units. I'm sure there are others also.

Shorty

1 - 13 of 13 Posts