Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Thanks!

I have seen the storms over your way have done lots of damage. Hope all you and your families are safe and well.:eek:
Thanks mate, one the night in question I only made it back to my place before all hell broke loose. Darwin had a bit of a set to in 1974, too!

Sean...

·
Premium Member
24,342 Posts
Yo I'm ok

Hi Nev,
thank you for asking.

We were lucky just a bit of flooding in the yard, excessive high winds and extreme heavy rain and enough lightening to make your hair stand on end (almost).

So this is big Dave checking in I am ok.

thank you Nev.

DaveM:cool:

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
My boss lives at The Gap. He was lucky, his roof tiles are wired together so he kept his roof but the rain was driving horizontal and blew in under the tiles! He suffered some ceiling damage and wet carpet. Luckily for him the insulation in the roof soaked up most of the water.

My heart goes out to the people who lost their homes....

Roden

·
Registered
8,109 Posts
The wind and rain combination was amazing with the sheeting rain falling (?) horizontal to the ground.

It came in the windows, even though they were closed, pushing up under the seals. - make appropriate fur seal noise here -..

We had 42mm in about 30 minutes but the deluge was ferocious.

nmendham got caught out riding in it!!

After the worst of it had gone 2 of my boys were running around in the streams and puddles that it made on the front yard. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
70mm in 30mins (Redbank Plains), all is ok except for the outdoor umbrella and a few plants, had the same problem with rain coming inside

The wind and rain combination was amazing with the sheeting rain falling (?) horizontal to the ground.

It came in the windows, even though they were closed, pushing up under the seals. - make appropriate fur seal noise here -..

We had 42mm in about 30 minutes but the deluge was ferocious.

nmendham got caught out riding in it!!

After the worst of it had gone 2 of my boys were running around in the streams and puddles that it made on the front yard. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts