Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok ,this is going to be a long project, but i am slowley geting my beast back on the road, a few months ago i got ran over at a stop sign, did a lot of damage to the bike and me, but im good to go now and making head way on the bike, here are some pics of the work done so far, also am waiting for the new race fairings to get here that i orderd from air tec. which are all carbon fiber. got to love Insurance. ... anyway. the new exhaust is Scoripion street extream cans, carbon and stainless steel.they were made for a busa. but did not take much to fit them on the triple.. stay tuned there will lots more to follow, just waiting for the goods to get here..i have more pics. also i have the stock carbon cans if any one wants them ,there is a small scarp on the trime ring on one can..

Attachments

·
Banned
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
super 111

here are more pics,, one is of a motor mount .three of them were busted, the frame sliders were for a r1 .iit took some time on the mile to get them to fit right, but was worth it and the stock cans you can see the small scarp on it

Attachments

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Glad to see that you are ok and the bike is coming together nicely!

I like the look of the Scorpion cans, what did you have to do to fit them? Sourcing cans from a Busa opens up a whole lot of options.
I wonder if you will need to re-jet?

Cheers,

Roden

·
Banned
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
scorpion cans

Glad to see that you are ok and the bike is coming together nicely!

I like the look of the Scorpion cans, what did you have to do to fit them? Sourcing cans from a Busa opens up a whole lot of options.
I wonder if you will need to re-jet?

Cheers,

Roden
well to start i got a good deal on them, because they were missing the mid pipe and bolt flange, so i got them for $600.00 . but they retail for over a 1100.00. but still was a lot of coin.. i went to my local part store to see if i might get lucky and find some type of flange, and i did, the flange is a 3 inch to 2.5 inch reducer type you would use on a truck.. and then i took the reducer to the muffler shop had them expand the end to slip fit ouer the mid pipe i made from old can, toy can see the two,black then silver, .sealed it all up.next i need to put a a couple rivets in the mid pipe, and i think im going to heat wrap from the header back..and it seems i will need to re-jet, . the sound is amazing, just amazing. i wish i had a camcorder so i could share the sound to all!! i can also blow a 2 foot flame from the tail pipe now... also the length on those is only about 12 inches from flange to tip.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Wow- gotta love insurance. Those CF body parts are NOT cheap! Let me know how you end up mounting that rear section- I have the fiberglass part from the same mfg and can't seem to figure out mounting.

Good luck!

·
Banned
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dynojet

has anyone used a dynojet kit on a super111. with after market cans . and or intake, might get one , just dont know if its worth the coin vs gains

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
IMHO, it's a huge waste of money. Mikuni jets are $5 a pop, why spend $100 on a Dynojet kit?

Just sayin'...
-Kit

·
Registered
445 Posts
Concerned about the sliders

GSG make sliders specifically for the T3. How much integrity was lost on the mill? It would be unpleasant to have it break off in the event that you actually had to use them. Just a thought.

·
Banned
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sliders

GSG make sliders specifically for the T3. How much integrity was lost on the mill? It would be unpleasant to have it break off in the event that you actually had to use them. Just a thought.
only had to ream it out less then 1 cm to fit proper size bolt through it, .and they were a hand out from a vortec rep at a track day, so i put them to good use. and hopefully 1 cm didnt weaken them to much, also hope i dont have to find out..

·
Banned
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jets

IMHO, it's a huge waste of money. Mikuni jets are $5 a pop, why spend $100 on a Dynojet kit?

Just sayin'...
-Kit
thanks for the info. cause i cant see spending over a 100.00 for the dyno jet kit, when i cant re jet all jets for less then 45.00 or cheaper, ive heard that some shops will trade 1 for 1 on jets.. thanks

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Dphex, good to see you've made it through the incident and your Super III is also on the road to recovery.
Did you happen to weigh the air-tech bodywork bits? I have a thread going somewhere in here with weights of different bits. Did you get some of their quick disconnect mounting nuts and/or Druz fasteners? FWIW Airtech quoted me "If you want CF then multiply the listed price on our webiste by 5." OUCH! For me I'd rather put that money into Dymags/suspension upgrade (but my panels aren't toasted either.) I had decided on a paint scheme (when I was seriously contemplating buying airtech). Paint them yellow as original but leave/clearcoat the CF exposed where the black should be. Place decals as original.
Do the original cans have any markings on them? I ask because my D1200 came with most of the SuperIII items on it. My mufflers look just like yours but I can find any markings on them.
Can't wait to see the final outcome.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts