Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So,

my parents are visiting me next week so i decided to buy a used rear shock from a Street Triple Rx in France and asked them to bring it with them in their luggage....

...before realizing just now that it might not be possible because of the nature of the part. I emailed the company and i'm waiting for an answer.

What are your thoughts about it ?

thanks

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just dont want them to think its an explosive device lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wouldnt it safer actually to show the part to the agents ?

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Why not call or better yet email the airline before hand?
This way you'll have email confirmation that is able to be on the plane if you run into a problem at the airport.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
I doubt it's an issue, just tell them when it goes through Xray what you have in there. I once went on a parachuting vacation and when the woman asked at the Xray what that thing was that was coiled up. I said it's the spring in the pilot chute. Her reply; "Pilot chute on a parachute....SECURITY", and off I went to do some explaining. They ended up making me check it and not carry it on board. When I got to baggage claim it came out about 20 minutes after everyone else was gone.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why not call or better yet email the airline before hand?
This way you'll have email confirmation that is able to be on the plane if you run into a problem at the airport.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Well i did. They sent me their policy. But there is nothing like bringing a rear shock in a plane lol

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Wouldnt it safer actually to show the part to the agents ?
It could be considered a weapon if brought into the cabin, so then your parents would be dealing with the French version of TSA at check-in. A lot less hassle putting it in checked baggage.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts