Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Brilliant advice

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  thornley 
#1 ·
I'm new on here and I have a Tiger 955 2001, bought a couple of weeks ago. Just like to say thanks already! I had an erratic speedo, did a search. Checked out the speedo sensor and it was cracked (the magnet) just as advised. Tyres had been replaced prior to the sale.
Yesterday fitted new plugs and air filter, engine warning light stayed on spent a couple of hours rechecking every connection. Searched on here and learnt the reset trick. Run till hot switch off repeat. Light out. Brilliant.
I'll be back!!

#2 ·
Brilliant advice

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm new on here and I have a Tiger 955 2001, bought a couple of weeks ago. Just like to say thanks already! I had an erratic speedo, did a search. Checked out the speedo sensor and it was cracked (the magnet) just as advised. Tyres had been replaced prior to the sale.
Yesterday fitted new plugs and air filter, engine warning light stayed on spent a couple of hours rechecking every connection. Searched on here and learnt the reset trick. Run till hot switch off repeat. Light out. Brilliant.
I'll be back!![posted by thornley]

Yes, I think you will find that the Tiger drivers on this forum are among the most intelligent, sophisticated, sharpest, best looking, most helpful and yes, the most modest of all the Triumph riders.:D best wishes and safe riding on your Tiger.

#8 ·
Bolton & Provence...

Bolton and Provence! Suave, sophisticated, etc.

You can't kid us Northerners - You can take the bloke out of Bolton but you can't take the Bolton out of the bloke... :D

Can you get a good pint of bitter in Provence..?

See you at the 'Breezeblock' when Burnley play ya next season.... :rolleyes:

#10 ·
Bolton and Provence! Suave, sophisticated, etc.

You can't kid us Northerners - You can take the bloke out of Bolton but you can't take the Bolton out of the bloke... :D

Can you get a good pint of bitter in Provence..?

See you at the 'Breezeblock' when Burnley play ya next season.... :rolleyes:
Can't get a good pint of bitter but the wines are superb. Went to Burnley once had a soft front tyre so stopped at a garage. I asked the bloke if he had an airline. 'F*** off we don't even have a bus station' came the reply. Being a little lost I asked how he got to the football station from here. 'My brother takes me' he replied.
Old jokes but I love 'em

#14 ·
Yes, but only after I've personalised it. I fitted crash bars, full service in my garage, oil, oil filter, K&N, iridium plugs, chain and sprockets, cleaned till it gleams. The bike will be doing the mileage so I'm obsessive with servicing. The bike came with fenderextender,twin light conversion, heated grips, centre stand, oil cooler protector and full Kappa luggage. Goes like stonk, first Tiger for me but very happy with the beast.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.