Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone the new street scrambler now has a 4pot Brambo calliper to address the braking on older models. I was looking at upgrading the brakes on my 2017 model but the free spirit kits are expensive :eek:
I have seen a 2019 Brembo calliper for sale on an auction website do you know if it will fit my older street scrambler? Thanks!

·
Registered
184 Posts
It mounts straight on but to get the it working well you will need to change the master cylinder from the current 11mm unit to a 12.7mm or 1/2 inch for our friends across the pond. You can get the correct Nissan master cylinder from aftermarket suppliers. If you put another make of master cylinder you will have fun sorting out the brake light switch. I was very lucky and found a new master cylinder on eBay for £100.00 complete with brake lever all be it finished in silver

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have the Freespirits kit on my Bobber with a Brembo four pot caliper. I bought it mainly because the oem single disk and twin pot sliding caliper is junk. Its like squeezing a block of wood. I dont know if its the same caliper as the one you are on about, but the Bobber brake works just fine with the single disc. I have no idea what dimensions the master cylinder has. You get much more feel with this setup. However the Freespirits kit does come with an additional bracket so that the caliper lines up with the bigger disc in the kit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts