Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a bespoke switchgear clamp for the T-120 a couple of years ago to mount a Brembo RCS series radial master cylinder to the T-120. As you know the MC is integral with the switchgear clamp, so unlike like most bikes it is not just a simple MC swap.

I went through several design revisions, using both 3D printing from various materials, including carbon fibre reinforced plastic, and machining from billet aluminium. While inexpensive, the 3D printing method simply did not hold up long term. I am now machining a few sets from 6061-T6 billet aluminium if anyone else is interested. As you can see it is a very complex part, and hence not as cheap to machine as it is to print. PM me if you are interested in getting in on what will likely be a very limited production run

Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive exterior Font
Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood

·
Registered
222 Posts
That's seriously impressive work and I'm glad the mod has worked so well. Hopefully someone will take you up on your offer because whatever you charge for it, it will in no way cover your efforts of developing it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's seriously impressive work and I'm glad the mod has worked so well. Hopefully someone will take you up on your offer because whatever you charge for it, it will in no way cover your efforts of developing it.
Thats for sure, but IMHO well worth it and really transforms the bike braking

1 - 3 of 3 Posts