Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always wanted a Laverda...always. When I lived in Italy in the early 70s, the Laverda 750 was the bike to have.
Here's the latest project bike hinting at the return of Laverda as viable manufacturer of exciting motorcycles.

What do you think?

I'd buy one! (Of course, I say that about almost all bikes...:rolleyes:)

·
Premium Member
17,294 Posts
I think you have to be certifiable to buy a small production run Italian motor vehicle.

But God bless the folks who do, because they provide seed money...

·
Premium Member
13,150 Posts
I like it. It has the look of an old SF, with modern running gear. Who's making them, & what's the cost?

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Piaggio is the parent company and the cost is 20,000 Euros. Guess I'll hold off buying one for a bit. Maybe next pay check...

·
Premium Member
13,150 Posts
Piaggio improved Moto Guzzi's reliability. So I'd expect this to be a well made machine. & they're not a small company. So I wouldn't worry about them going broke in a hurry. The price is comparable to other Italian exotica. So I'll definitely check them out, if they ever make it down this way. Would be the perfect mount for my planned Nth Italy tour too.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
:) I've had both a 750 Laverda SF2, and a 120 Jota, so I feel qualified to comment. Looking at the picture, the engine looks remarkably like the one fitted to the last, Zane built, 750's. If that is the case, then I wouldn't touch one with a 10 foot barge pole. Ihad one for a short time, in the late '90s. It was dreadful. Dare I say, even worse than a similar Ducati. Very revvy, with no power at all below 4000rpm. If this new Lav ever reaches production, I hope it gets a new engine worthy of upholding the proud name of Laverda.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts